Lindsay Whalen Steps Down - Effective Immediately

Agreed

EDIT* I don't think Lindsay has much of any buyout though. Could be wrong there.

Whalen's coaching contract ran through 2025. By a remarkable coincidence, her new deal as an "Assistant to the Athletics Director" also runs through 2025.

in other words, she is being paid her buyout - but it's being presented as a "new job" in the Athletics Department.

Why? only Coyle knows.

BTW I believe that Whalen is/was making roughly $600,000 a year. So instead of paying her $1.2-Million to leave, the U will pay her $1.2-Million for a job of dubious importance.

Whalen's coaching contract ran through 2025. By a remarkable coincidence, her new deal as an "Assistant to the Athletics Director" also runs through 2025.

in other words, she is being paid her buyout - but it's being presented as a "new job" in the Athletics Department.

Why? only Coyle knows.

BTW I believe that Whalen is/was making roughly $600,000 a year. So instead of paying her $1.2-Million to leave, the U will pay her $1.2-Million for a job of dubious importance.
Whalen was pushed, she didn't jump.

Why? only Coyle knows.

Having Lindsay on your side in public is a good thing. It may not be worth $600K/year, but if she wants to, she could be a great fundraiser.

I dont know how the program turns around from here?

It doesn’t even need to be a head coaching job
Would be interesting to know the exact details, then.

Is it a full step change from 100% to 0%, for any job? Analyst?

Or is it based on what he makes in the new job. Not saying you, or anyone, knows those details. Probably not public

Would be interesting to know the exact details, then.

Is it a full step change from 100% to 0%, for any job? Analyst?

Or is it based on what he makes in the new job. Not saying you, or anyone, knows those details. Probably not public

Contract says head coach or assistant job. It's not based off what he makes, they paid Pitino nothing and he took a significant pay cut at New Mexico.

Whenever someone is let go by "mutual" agreement, I will refer to it as "Being Whalened." 😏

Whenever someone is let go by "mutual" agreement, I will refer to it as "Being Whalened." 😏
There are phrases known only to Minnesotan's. For instance, a Minnesota Timberwolves fan clearly knows what it means to be "Flynned." So, we will all know what it means to be "Whalened."

Be curious to know if Whalen signed an NDA after "resigning" as head coach.

Top Bottom