Lincoln Plsek Gets Gopher Offer - UPDATED to reflect commitment to Gophers

Chris Monter

Reaction score
Lincoln Plsek received a Minnesota offer during his visit this past weekend and had a great visit according to his coach. Look for a story on Lincoln up tomorrow.

Chris Monter

That placement combo of consonants and vowels (vowel) has a strong Minnesota sports legacy, copyright #14 Kent Hrbek.

The newest member of the Minnesota sports "buy a vowel" club.

If the guy can play, he can (like another Minnesota - music - legend) use a symbol, for all I care!

"Snake" Plsek from "Escape from New York?"

I'm curious if this kid ends up being a TE. I only say that because of the rumors of Hinds not being in the mix anymore. He has the size to play both DE and TE, and it sounds like he's a pretty good basketball player (sometimes that's indicitive of having good ball skills). Either way, I'm looking forwards to reading the write up.

Does this mean we are assuming Johnson isn't coming here because aren't these 2 very similar players?

Does this mean we are assuming Johnson isn't coming here because aren't these 2 very similar players?

I don't think they are very similar. I think if Plesk becomes a TE he will be more of a pass catching TE than Johnson (who I still believe will end up a T. We might light him try it at TE, but I think he ends up a T). Johnson is considerably larger than PLesk. PLesk is 6'4" 235 lbs and Johnson is 6'7" 255 lbs. It might be as sort of insurance and Plsek might not even be a TE (that was my guess). It could be more to do with Barrington Morris than Will Johnson...

Snake Plissken

You are correct sir. Put "Escape from New York" together with "Escape from Los Angeles" and you have one of the great all-time bad action/comedy double features.

Bob-

Morris qualified with the NCAA and is good to go (according to his tweets so who knows how reliable it is).

Plsek's coach calls him "nasty" and "schizophrenic." Two qualities the Gophers could desperately use...

Plsek's coach calls him "nasty" and "schizophrenic." Two qualities the Gophers could desperately use...

If schozophrenia is now a virtue that the Gophers need to add, then they should do some recruiting down in St Peter.

Bill Miller told him he needs to improve his ACT score and behavior.

Is that the rumor that's going around about what went down during the meeting last week when Morris came out of the meeting talking about not being sure where he's headed or something like that?

11.95 is pretty quick for a kid that is 6'5" 250lbs though, right?

Is that the rumor that's going around about what went down during the meeting last week when Morris came out of the meeting talking about not being sure where he's headed or something like that?

That's at least what I read on another gopher board.

This what his coach had to say.

Reicher Head Coach, Mark Waggoner, says the Lincoln is a special kid. "It's very rare that you see a kid 6'4", 247 lbs and can run a legit 4.5 forty," Waggoner says. "Now I'm not the kid of coach to brag up a player and tell you false information. Lincoln is an all-around great kid. In the classroom, he has something like a 3.7 GPA while taking three AP classes this semester and got a 28 on his ACT. On the football field, I'd describe him as relentless, intelligent and nasty. I think that what ever school he chooses to go to, he'll have the opportunity to play right away just based on how smart he is on the field."

If you believe that, where are the Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State type offers?

Said that, maybe, just maybe coach Kill is ahead of the crowd.

Aren't the recruiting wars a hoot?

11.95 is pretty quick for a kid that is 6'5" 250lbs though, right?

Yes, 11.95 is still fast for a big kid like that. An 11.95 is about how fast your AVERAGE running back on your AVERAGE 5A team will run.

When his coach said "schizophrenic," he really meant "multiple personality," didn't he.
*sigh*

When his coach said "schizophrenic," he really meant "multiple personality," didn't he.
*sigh*
In football coach speak, schizophrenic, means mild mannered off the field, and a beast on the field.

And high school coaches NEVER talk up their players, do they?

Only other offer is RICE?????????????

Yet another you just cannot get excited about.

....and ignored....beautiful

This message is hidden because 3399 is on your ignore list.

I'm not schizophrenic, and neither am I.:rolleyes:

Yes, 11.95 is still fast for a big kid like that. An 11.95 is about how fast your AVERAGE running back on your AVERAGE 5A team will run.

Absolutely. I'm a track coach of throwers, aka Plsek's type. We always have my guys run 100's to see if there's a chance for adding them to sprint depth.
12.0 is a solid time for a big school MN HS RB/safety/LB, I have had 2 guys run that recently one is a D2 safety, the other a D2 TE/Hback, neither was 6'5'' 250.
BTW 11.95 could easily translate to a 4.5 40, big guys will typically have a faster start and slow in the stride phase of the 100. Probably a 4.7 type though.

I'm kinda surprised no one else has posted this, but Plsek is now a Gopher commit.

I'm not schizophrenic, and neither am I.:rolleyes:

You're Never Alone With a Schizophrenic...

Ian_Hunter-Youre_Never_Alone_With_A_Schi_3.jpg

Top Bottom