Lincoln Kienholz -

Sorry dude, but QB 5 at OSU only looks attractive if he is willing to be a depth piece because we aren't desperate to find someone to step in and take the reins immediately IMO. If he did transfer and proved to be unquestionably the best option, great. But I wouldn't promise him the moon and the stars to land him if I was PJ.
McCord would probably be QB4/QB5 if he had stayed.

Clearly, the kid from KState js #1, Devin Brown is likely #2 - he passed McCord last year, #3 has to be Sayin who looked incredible and so McCord would be battling out for #4 with Noland and Kienholz. And McCord is a good QB, both games at Syracuse this year he has thrown for north of 350 yards and 4 TDs.

The 4th or 5th string QB at Ohio State is really good. Kienholz might go FCS next year but that will be by choice. He might end up at Iowa.

McCord would probably be QB4/QB5 if he had stayed.

Clearly, the kid from KState js #1, Devin Brown is likely #2 - he passed McCord last year, #3 has to be Sayin who looked incredible and so McCord would be battling out for #4 with Noland and Kienholz. And McCord is a good QB, both games at Syracuse this year he has thrown for north of 350 yards and 4 TDs.

The 4th or 5th string QB at Ohio State is really good. Kienholz might go FCS next year but that will be by choice. He might end up at Iowa.
I don't doubt he can play. If Kienholz enters the portal, he would still be recruited as a depth player for next year for PJ. Perhaps a P4 school with a bigger need sees starter potential. With not much of a resume to go on, I don't know if a program that is desperate enough would see him as a high target. It'll be interesting to see what his transfer rating is if he enters the portal.

There's a pretty stupid take in this thread but not in my post. I'm not a stereotyping at all. Rather, I believe the term is "lived experience." South Dakotans, at least East River, like the Vikings and maybe the Twins about Minnesota and thats about it. Nebraska is their FBS program (although that has waned with the Corn's descent to mediocrity; the vacuum has been filled by SDSU's success to some extent and about 14 people who follow USD).

As another poster noted, the kid had a Minnesota offer but never took a visit but he visited NDSU. That tells you all you need to know about Lincoln's view of Dinkytown. If Lincoln transfers and it's back to the upper Midwest, it'll be NDSU.

I don't know what the garbled mess of a second paragraph is about.

As a native South Dakotan myself, and someone who recently lived in Sioux Falls for several years, I think you're a little off base with this. The Sioux Falls area especially is pretty much a 3 way split of P4 fandom between Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa. I saw a steady increase in Gopher gear around town during the PJ era, aided by a large number of Minnesotan's who have moved to SD over the last 4 years. If we're including FCS, then yes SDSU rules by a lot.

I do think the more rural areas do have a general dislike for MN, but that's not surprising. If you're alluding to LK maybe having an issue with playing/living in a large city like Minneapolis, that doesn't make much sense either. He was originally going to play in Seattle, which has plenty of parallels to Minneapolis, and now he's playing in the largest city in Ohio.

If LK leaves Ohio St, he'll have better offers than NDSU or SDSU.

As a native South Dakotan myself, and someone who recently lived in Sioux Falls for several years, I think you're a little off base with this. The Sioux Falls area especially is pretty much a 3 way split of P4 fandom between Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa. I saw a steady increase in Gopher gear around town during the PJ era, aided by a large number of Minnesotan's who have moved to SD over the last 4 years. If we're including FCS, then yes SDSU rules by a lot.

I do think the more rural areas do have a general dislike for MN, but that's not surprising. If you're alluding to LK maybe having an issue with playing/living in a large city like Minneapolis, that doesn't make much sense either. He was originally going to play in Seattle, which has plenty of parallels to Minneapolis, and now he's playing in the largest city in Ohio.

If LK leaves Ohio St, he'll have better offers than NDSU or SDSU.
Not alluding to aversion to big city at all - specifically to Dinkytown

I think the OP's premise is that he is from SD and that somehow makes him have a natural affinity for MN when in fact, South Dakotans usually take a very dim view of Minnesota and the U in general.

LK is from Pierre. He originally committed to Udub before flipping to tOSU. Were we on his radar at all coming out of HS? I don't recall any interest.

My guess is that if he transfers, its FCS. And NDSU has a pretty good pipeline out of Pierre, and will need a QB next season. SDSU could be a landing place but the current starting QB has another year of eligibility (although he has said that after this season he's all in on the NFL, he's had a pretty shaky first three games. He may end up reneging on his NFL or bust intentions) and the heir apparent is already on campus.
Kienholz's dad grew up in Bird Island and played some sports at Southwest (Minn.) State. I doubt the family hates Minnesota.

Top Bottom