Lincoln Journal Star: The 30th anniversary of 84-13

as I remember the Gophers stopped Nebraska on their first position and never stopped them again........

I think the bigger point is that this game happened THIRTY YEARS AGO. The media does not need to bash the viewership over the head with it as if it was yesterday. Let it go.

It was 1981 when the Gophers beat OSU, but you're right that the collapse still started the next season, when we went 3-9 (1-8 in the Big Ten) after finishing 6-5 (4-5) in '81.

Some people think it was because he was running out of Cal Stoll's players.

I think the bigger point is that this game happened THIRTY YEARS AGO. The media does not need to bash the viewership over the head with it as if it was yesterday. Let it go.

+1 It's best not to dwell on those embarrassing moments but let it serve as inspiration for greater effort and outcome. We've all had games that are difficult to recount but if it serves to provide growth then it's a lesson learned. Tomorrow will be a great game, I only wish Jerry would be there on the sideline with his guys. Naturally I hope to win and see Taylor perform at a competitive level but I'm looking forward to a great game...Ski U Mah

It had to be a Debbie Downer when they lost to Miami 30-31 in the Orange Bowl January 2nd, 1984. Speaking of bad karma.

+1 It's best not to dwell on those embarrassing moments but let it serve as inspiration for greater effort and outcome. We've all had games that are difficult to recount but if it serves to provide growth then it's a lesson learned. Tomorrow will be a great game, I only wish Jerry would be there on the sideline with his guys. Naturally I hope to win and see Taylor perform at a competitive level but I'm looking forward to a great game...Ski U Mah

It was a frickin' game. Not D-Day.

Top Bottom