Lincoln Journal Star: Huskers need better talent; Frost may focus on portal since they are so close

When you look at Nebraska's schedule and their results, you can tell they are very close to breaking out to an 8 or 9 win season but they just aren't there yet. They have had close losses to some very good teams. They aren't going to a major bowl - in fact they probably won't got to ANY bowl considering their schedule but they can still take baby steps forward with their program. If Frost can keep them playing hard the rest of the season, that's a start. At the very least they can make decisions going forward on what they want to do. There is a huge difference in your program by losing to Minnesota 30-23 or getting blown out 56-0. That game could easily go the other way the next year. All you need to do is get a little bigger, faster, stronger and smarter and learn from these losses what worked and what didn't work.

I hope they DON'T figure it out because I am sure next year's game will be a tough game for the Gophers when we play them.
3 out of the last 5 seasons NEB had a tougher schedule than the gophers. 1 season it was a difference of 1 spot.

so youre right, had no idea.

We’ll see what happens

What would the Twin Cities media say if Fleck had Frost's record and record in close games and said the stuff Frost says.

My goodness. Reusse would have Fleck content 24/7/365

Top Bottom