Limegrover: Not gonna lie, this win was VERY sweet.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Matt Limegrover, the Penn State offensive line coach, spent five seasons (2011-15) on the Minnesota staff, mostly under Jerry Kill, one of his mentors. But after Kill resigned last fall for health reasons and defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys was promoted to head coach, Claeys fired Limegrover, the offensive coordinator and line coach.

"We were playing for Coach Limegrover," quarterback Trace McSorley said. "We felt he might have been wronged a little bit at Minnesota. We wanted to come and defend him and win the game for him. We're happy we did."

"Oh, it was crazy," Davis said. "We were all jumping up and down and holding that bell in the air. It was awesome. Having Coach Limegrover go over to hold it, it was special.

"He said, 'There's no place I'd rather be.' It was awesome."

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/very-sweet-victory-for-psus-limegrover

Go Gophers!!

The Bells stay in Happy Valley will be very short lived.

Matt Limegrover, the Penn State offensive line coach, spent five seasons (2011-15) on the Minnesota staff, mostly under Jerry Kill, one of his mentors. But after Kill resigned last fall for health reasons and defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys was promoted to head coach, Claeys fired Limegrover, the offensive coordinator and line coach.

"We were playing for Coach Limegrover," quarterback Trace McSorley said. "We felt he might have been wronged a little bit at Minnesota. We wanted to come and defend him and win the game for him. We're happy we did."

"Oh, it was crazy," Davis said. "We were all jumping up and down and holding that bell in the air. It was awesome. Having Coach Limegrover go over to hold it, it was special.

"He said, 'There's no place I'd rather be.' It was awesome."

http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/very-sweet-victory-for-psus-limegrover

Go Gophers!!
Considering Limegrover had very little to do with Penn State winning and there highly rated all world running back got almost squadoosh for yards until overtime, good for Limey. Next year the Gophers are going to pound Penn State.

Considering Limegrover had very little to do with Penn State winning and there highly rated all world running back got almost squadoosh for yards until overtime, good for Limey. Next year the Gophers are going to pound Penn State.

They don't play again until 2019.

He should send Leidner a thank you for the endzone interception. Gifted the the victory away.

Not gonna lie...Limegrover was a ****ty OC. He may be the best OLine Coach in the world...but as an OC he was a disaster.

He should send Leidner a thank you for the endzone interception. Gifted the the victory away.

I hope you aren't serious, with all the other things that went wrong. It would be strange to pick that one play to hang the loss on.

Nah. Leaving points on the field on the road in a game that went to OT takes the cake.

That was a HORRENDOUS throw.

That was not a good throw, but there were a cluster of plays that rank well above that one.

I tend to agree with you. Found it interesting on KFAN today, however, when Glenn Mason basically said it was that INT that cost us the game. Mason said we should have been conservative and ran then kicked the FG. You know, exactly what we did at the end that everyone on here hated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We were playing for Coach Limegrover," quarterback Trace McSorley said. "We felt he might have been wronged a little bit at Minnesota.

Just like JoePa and Sandusky were wronged "a little bit" by PSU by being brought into that BS pedophile rape case.

I tend to agree with you. Found it interesting on KFAN today, however, when Glenn Mason basically said it was that INT that cost us the game. Mason said we should have been conservative and ran then kicked the FG. You know, exactly what we did at the end that everyone on here hated.

It's easy to say that after the fact. If they go conservative there and when lose, then he and others would have criticized the coaches for not playing to win.

I have zero issue with them being somewhat aggressive there. Leidner has been making good decisions. Just a bad one there at a bad time.

It's easy to say that after the fact. If they go conservative there and when lose, then he and others would have criticized the coaches for not playing to win.

I have zero issue with them being somewhat aggressive there. Leidner has been making good decisions. Just a bad one there at a bad time.

I actually thought it was a great decision.
Too many times they do not play aggressive enough.
Great decision, but very bad throw.

I actually thought it was a great decision.
Too many times they do not play aggressive enough.
Great decision, but very bad throw.

Yep. Smith was wide open-just under thrown. Still wasn't why they lost.

It looked like he could have ran that on in.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

So Mason was advocating running the football on 3rd and 9 from the 12 yard line in a tie game with about 8 minutes left in the game? That's ridiculous. Mitch made a terrible throw at a crucial point in the game, but it was certainly not a mistake to try to actually score a touchdown.

Top Bottom