Limegrover Criticisms Revisited

That's why I think next year when we get the WR's we Redshirted this year on the field, our WR core will be pretty darn good, or at least a step up from this year.

It will be fun to see what Mitch can do with some natural WR's. It won't hurt the offense.

It will be fun to see what Mitch can do with some natural WR's. It won't hurt the offense.

Agreed. If you think we're good this year, Wait till next year. We don't really lose anyone huge besides Cobb and Epping on O right? On D we only lose Cochran and Thompson correct? I think Jeff Jones can step right in and take over where Cobb will leave off. Our WR will be even better and the same goes to our O-Line. The big question, as it always seems to be, will be how our QB play is. If Mitch can keep progressing and make a big step up, the sky is the limit.

Agreed. If you think we're good this year, Wait till next year. We don't really lose anyone huge besides Cobb and Epping on O right? On D we only lose Cochran and Thompson correct? I think Jeff Jones can step right in and take over where Cobb will leave off. Our WR will be even better and the same goes to our O-Line. The big question, as it always seems to be, will be how our QB play is. If Mitch can keep progressing and make a big step up, the sky is the limit.

Cobb
Tommy O.
Epping
Goodger

Wilson
Botticelli
Thompson
Wells
Amaefula

Ya, he started to listen to guys like you who really know the game and pointed things out to him. Couldn't be players maturing into the system enough so he can open things up more. Can't believe anyone who saw Northern Illinois cut us up when Kill was there and Brew was here doubts the guy knows how to coach.

I always been amazed how many people down graded Kill and his staff because he/they didn't have Big Ten experience. They had exactly the right experience for Minnesota. i.e. turning a program and a culture around! If people would have paid attention as to what Jerry and staff were doing instead or arguing about how many wins he needed to have to keep his job they might have noticed what was actually going on. He is a great football coach, but it starts with him being a great change agent.

I always been amazed how many people down graded Kill and his staff because he/they didn't have Big Ten experience. They had exactly the right experience for Minnesota. i.e. turning a program and a culture around! If people would have paid attention as to what Jerry and staff were doing instead or arguing about how many wins he needed to have to keep his job they might have noticed what was actually going on. He is a great football coach, but it starts with him being a great change agent.

This! Always belived this. People that know business turnarounds know this. People like Wren don't get it. Always want the gravy without first planting and harvesting the crops which are ingredients in the gravy. ILJK

This.

Having a passing game would make for some really, really tough Gopher teams.

This! Always belived this. People that know business turnarounds know this. People like Wren don't get it. Always want the gravy without first planting and harvesting the crops which are ingredients in the gravy. ILJK

Yep, wren seemed to believe that the way you turn a program is say "It is all about Big Ten Win". Wrong! He seemed to be focused only on Big Ten Wins because that what he felt comfortable in measuring. A change agent knows that the real key starts with changing the culture. You might say that wren put the cart ahead of the horse.

Didn't see this brought up yet, but did anyone else notice that Limegrover "borrowed" the QB counter play that OSU burned us with a couple of times? I like a coach that can look beyond his scheme to see something that works and then try to implement it

read recently that he played football at chicago. i checked his bio and it states that he received his degree in 1994 and started coaching there in 1991. do players also coach in division iii? i would be impressed if he was a player and a coach for all four years at a school like chicago. one of my professors came into class one day with a t-shirt that read "the university of chicago, where the only thing that goes down on you is your gpa."

With the zone read working well over the past few weeks, I'd like to see them try a few read option passes out of that set. As the defense sells out to stop both the Cobb and Leidner run options, a pop pass to Maxx Williams over the middle should be open, particularly if they try to spy the quarterback with a linebacker. Another possibility is a quick throw out to KJ Maye in space.

Top Bottom