Le'Veon Bell

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
The guy is a magician. The run where he lept over the defender and the one where MSU had like 3rd & long from their own 5, was dead behind the line, then somehow broke off 25+ yards, were incredible. It's only Week 1, but Boise St is no slouch and with Robinson laying an egg against 'Bama, the B1G may have its new Heisman hopeful. He obviously has break-out potential but also appears to have the durability as an every down type back.

Obviously not Gopher-related, just a phenominal performance this week and never really heard his name mentioned a lot preseason. Too bad for MSU fans he doesn't really have much of an O to help him out.

The whole game I was thinking they were going to "Maroney circa 2005 Purdue" Bell this year - that is, run him so many times in a game that he gets totally worn down by the end of the year. He touched the ball a lot and unless Maxwell can get up to speed, he may be touching it a lot more in the coming weeks.

However, they should have the rest of their non-con games to use him sparingly (by their standards) so I'm guessing he won't be worn out by the time conference season rolls around.

The whole game I was thinking they were going to "Maroney circa 2005 Purdue" Bell this year - that is, run him so many times in a game that he gets totally worn down by the end of the year. He touched the ball a lot and unless Maxwell can get up to speed, he may be touching it a lot more in the coming weeks.

However, they should have the rest of their non-con games to use him sparingly (by their standards) so I'm guessing he won't be worn out by the time conference season rolls around.
My thoughts too. A lack of other options will tax him. Hopefully he's worn down a little come November 24.

Top Bottom