Lettering going on the field!!!

While it is early...

I do have a huge concern over the colors, and the lettering style....I am normally a wait and see'er, but once this stuff is down, it's over. The end zones have to match the seats, or it going to be a huge blunder. All I have to say to the wait and see people is, if NASA, which is suppose to be a great center of knowledge, has one part of the Hubble team working in centimeters while the other worked with inches, what can we expect from the Athletic department, who has proven, over and over again, themselves to be the gang that can't shoot straight? It would have to be one full season of being a laughingstock, until it could be fixed, if the money could be found to do it.
There is only one chance to get this right, the end zones can't be a "punch list" fix. I do pray this is a mock up and not the really thing. The brightest the field is ever going to be is the day they finish, the colors will only fade with the black rubber, not sharpen. I really do hope I'm wrong.

Everyone needs to relax. Different shades of a color are commonplace in sports. Watched a Badger game on BTN today and saw 4 different shades of red from uniforms, end zones, coaches attire, fans and band. It's not a big deal.

If you are right on color...then I'll be fine with the colors.

From what I have observed from photos, it seems very similar to how our end zone in Tempe was, both in design and color.

See the attached.

I hope our band friend is correct!

Go Gophers!

GM

Attachments

• insight.jpg
    insight.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 132

That looks to have block lettering, and a block M to start off Minnesota. I agree it shars the white outline but other than that it is probably a little different.

The font of the lettering is different, but of the photos that I've seen (on umnhcky's facebook page), they look pretty similar. The maroon in TCF may be a tad lighter.

maroon endzones

I walked around the stadium yesterday, then went to the top of the ramp on University Ave and saw the fied. There's no need to worry about the color of the endzones, it's a dark maroon and they match the seats almost perfectly. The color in those photos that were posted isn't even close to what they look like in person. Both endzones and the "M" on the fifty is a good dark maroon, at least as dark as the maroon paint on the (old) floor of Williams Arena. To me it seems like they will match the dark maroon of the uniforms almost perfectly. It looks great in person.

DMB123

Did they have the lettering in the end zones put in? If so, were the white outlines on the letters visable or are the end zones just maroon and gold?

Did they have the lettering in the end zones put in? If so, were the white outlines on the letters visable or are the end zones just maroon and gold?
They had the white outline and they looked great.

DMB123

Thanks for the in person view.

Can you comment on the gold? Is it the same gold as the seats are??

GM

See the attached.

I hope our band friend is correct!

Go Gophers!

GM

I really like the gold colored boundary around the end zone. I wish they would have done the boundary in either maroon or gold.

Geez people need to calm down. The field is fine. the colors are fine. The lettering is fine. The white outline looks great. Chill out, we have a new toy.

Do any GH'ers have connections to the local stations to capture some overhead pics or video?

We need a fly-by!

Anyone know what type of turf it is? Not all field turf is created equal. Is is the same as the pratice facility and dome or the shorter/harder field turf like Madison and the Toledo stadium?

Anyone know what type of turf it is? Not all field turf is created equal. Is is the same as the pratice facility and dome or the shorter/harder field turf like Madison and the Toledo stadium?

60% of the time, the turf works every time.

I walked around the stadium yesterday, then went to the top of the ramp on University Ave and saw the fied. There's no need to worry about the color of the endzones, it's a dark maroon and they match the seats almost perfectly. The color in those photos that were posted isn't even close to what they look like in person. Both endzones and the "M" on the fifty is a good dark maroon, at least as dark as the maroon paint on the (old) floor of Williams Arena. To me it seems like they will match the dark maroon of the uniforms almost perfectly. It looks great in person.

I was just checking it out up on the Univ. ramp as well and I agree. The maroon on the endzones and seats looks great. The M at midfield is our patented maroon M with gold outline and it is much larger than the M at the Dome.

I was just checking it out up on the Univ. ramp as well and I agree. The maroon on the endzones and seats looks great. The M at midfield is our patented maroon M with gold outline and it is much larger than the M at the Dome.

This is one of the (many) times I wish I lived in the Cities...just so I could watch TCF go up. Photos of the progress are great but it just isn't the same. :)

The field

Well I am very excited as is just about everyone is about the new stadium, and I live very close so I decided to drive around it today to see the field. However I was not able to see the field from just driving around the stadium and I did not want to pay to park to get closer. :( That scoreboard still takes my breath away every time I see it, it is so big!!! LOL

I am an update junkie and need to see new photos of the field instillation, someone hook us up with new video or photos from above the field not just field level please!! :eek:

I saw nothing alarming either. The colors look just fine, I don't think there's any reason for concern.

Well I am very excited as is just about everyone is about the new stadium, and I live very close so I decided to drive around it today to see the field. However I was not able to see the field from just driving around the stadium and I did not want to pay to park to get closer. :( That scoreboard still takes my breath away every time I see it, it is so big!!! LOL

I am an update junkie and need to see new photos of the field instillation, someone hook us up with new video or photos from above the field not just field level please!! :eek:

Just so you all know, you can park briefly (something like 5-10 minutes) in the University Ave ramp and pay NOTHING for parking. They give a grace period of a few minutes. So if you want to go up top and take a look from the top of the ramp, you're fine as long as you keep it brief.

Does anyone have a final picture of what the field looks like?

Just found this on a friend's Facebook page:

Attachments

• tcf.jpg
    tcf.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 127

From that picture..

the end zone lettering does look old gold instead of bright gold and it's hard to read Minnesota due to the white outlines. Hope I'm wrong. I'm surprised no one has taken good pictures for us to see.

the end zone lettering does look old gold instead of bright gold and it's hard to read Minnesota due to the white outlines. Hope I'm wrong. I'm surprised no one has taken good pictures for us to see.

With the quality of the camera phone used its also hard to read the TCF Bank logo on the top of the scoreboard (i.e. everything is harder to make out, not just the end zone). Also, the whites are stronger b/c that's what the camera can pick up...this can have an effect on how muted everything else looks. I'd reserve judgement until umnhcky or another poster with pretty consistent access gets some higher quality shots.

I'd reserve judgement until umnhcky or another poster with pretty consistent access gets some higher quality shots.

I'd got a step further and ask anyone complaining to reserve judgment until they see it in person. Multiple posters have said that photos don't do justice to what they saw with their own eyes. If after seeing them in person you still have complaints, so be it I suppose.

I'd got a step further and ask anyone complaining to reserve judgment until they see it in person. Multiple posters have said that photos don't do justice to what they saw with their own eyes. If after seeing them in person you still have complaints, so be it I suppose.

Touche. :)

A few thoughts

I think the complaining stems out from excitement in being back on campus and outdoors and nervousness in that we don't get any do overs with this stadium. We all want it to be done right so that it impresses us, recruits and the haters around the country. The more I head over there to see it in person, the more I feel it is going to be very special place for years to come, and that is from just driving around the darn thing.

I don't know if I will be able to get tickets for the first game, but I cant wait to hear how loud that place gets when the Gophers take the field for the first time against Air Force. :clap::clap::clap:

Chills baby CHILLS!

Top Bottom