Lettering going on the field!!!

I can't tell by the video, but does anybody have confirmation of exactly what is at midfield? I am assuming it is a block M but was just curious if anybody knows for sure.

As far as that goes, I may have missed it, but have there ever been any drawings released of the entire field design? the font is definitely different in the video when compared to what is in the virtual tours and I don't think I saw any pictures with a white border on the lettering. Even the panoramic seat views on the seat selection sight have "GOLDEN GOPHERS" in the west end zone and this video has "MINNESOTA" there.

You're right, the lettering is different from all previous virtual drawings. This endzone has white borders on the lettering and the font is generic like the seats (not the font the U uses on the football & basketball jerseys). Maybe the U is changing it's athletic font to this plain style instead of the block font. I know people will say quit complaining but I'd prefer the field to use the block MN font like in the previous pictures and just be maroon & gold.

argh! I was really looking forward to the lettering going on the field, but I don't like the white outline at all. The font is fine, but the white outline doesn't seem to fit. Oh well...

Don't like the white outline either.

the block M looks like it is just that...no white outline at mid field.

I hope it is a big M. Not the little one at the dome.

Is that gold bright enough?? looks a little dull in color.

GM

I thought the gold looked kinda mustard colored too. I'm hoping that the black rubber pellets will darken up the yellow and the maroon. But we might be stuck with it the way it is.

The lettering in the end zone is not sewn in yet, it is just there for perspective. There is a possibility that the white outlines are a part of the letters attached to the back and will be taken off before they are sewn in. I have no inside knowledge on this, but it will be hard to know exactly what it will look like until it is finished.

Okay I checked....The Twins play at the Metrodome on Sept. 12 and 19 and October 3. Not sure about possible playoff conflicts.

So it will take some work, but let's go back the Dome with real endzone coloring and lettering!

It looks like the white is the portion that is sewn into the rest of the turf, I don't think it is visible in the final product. Even if it was, it's turf people, not fine art.

I know, i know. It's not okay to criticize anything about the new stadium. If you don't like anything about the new stadium then you want to go back to the metrodome. I get it. I've heard it. Its not funny or clever.

Okay I checked....The Twins play at the Metrodome on Sept. 12 and 19 and October 3. Not sure about possible playoff conflicts.

So it will take some work, but let's go back the Dome with real endzone coloring and lettering!

A-freakin'-Men!!!!

And yeah, it is funny . . . . and clever.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The white outline is tape to make sure the paint stays within the lines.

Took a look from the Univ Ave ramp top level this afternoon. It looks like the block M at mid-field will be larger than that at the dome. Also, I looked (from a distance, granted) at the end zone maroon vs. seat maroon and it did not seem like a noticeable difference. Again, that's from a distance but thought I'd mention it for what it's worth.

I got a chance to run into the stadium this afternoon. I was able to snap a few photos of the letters being sewn into the endzone.

They are posted here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2686843&id=13916794&l=e8eeb88323

(white outlines around the gold letters, maroon outlines around the numbers and along the 20 yard line)

What is the big "S" doing at the 10 yard line? I hope they don't plan on leaving it there. The kicker may trip over it!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I am heading down there this weekend and I can't wait!

Ya, and someone is definitely going to trip on those wrinkles!! Somebody better tell them that looks like crap and to straighten it out!

I agree. The white outline on the letters and maroon outline on the numbers is fine with me.

I love the white outline, and tbh you need the white outline to create that color barrier between the gold and maroon to make the letters really stand out. If it was just gold on maroon, the boundaries would look muddied and the whole thing wouldn't look crisp

Darker gold?

Darken up the gold??

We need it brighter....looks more like Cyclone colors right now.

And the people that are harping on well then let's go back to the dome....

Understand this...when you build a customer new home...you want the colors and everything to be PERFECT. The white I can live with....that color of maroon (with the darkening from the rubber pellets)...I can live with...but that mustard gold needs to go!

It should match the color of the seats...not because we will see the seats on game day...it's because those seats will match the uniforms. I don't want to look like we can't get the colors to at least match.

Good grief!

GM

Darken up the gold??

We need it brighter....looks more like Cyclone colors right now.

And the people that are harping on well then let's go back to the dome....

Understand this...when you build a customer new home...you want the colors and everything to be PERFECT. The white I can live with....that color of maroon (with the darkening from the rubber pellets)...I can live with...but that mustard gold needs to go!

It should match the color of the seats...not because we will see the seats on game day...it's because those seats will match the uniforms. I don't want to look like we can't get the colors to at least match.

Good grief!

GM

I'm going to drink some kool aid and go a different route...I'm in favor of waiting until the field is actually done before we all get so freaked out. I'm not saying I disagree about the gold...it does seem a little mustardy up close in those photos. But with all the little details that made their way into the project I'm thinking the U took their time and took the best combos they could. This could be a limitation of the material.

Love the white outline on the end zone lettering! The white will make the gold "pop" from a distance - like from the upper deck, blimp, airliner or F 15. Without it it'd be blah.

Fair point. I normally agree with you on things Gophers.

The material is what Brian S mentioned. They matched the color the best they could...to our maroon.

I'll calm down. :) and wait until the field is stretched and anchored down.

I did like that random S on the field though. Brewster is all about recruiting...it could be for Seantrel. ;-)

GM

Fair point. I normally agree with you on things Gophers.

The material is what Brian S mentioned. They matched the color the best they could...to our maroon.

I'll calm down. :) and wait until the field is stretched and anchored down.

I did like that random S on the field though. Brewster is all about recruiting...it could be for Seantrel. ;-)

GM

I dunno... I am worried about the Maroon. Since the change of Uniforms, the Maroon is much much darker. All in all, it is what it is, but I am hoping we paid them enough money go get the right color.

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=123377912&mid=123377912&sid=940&style=2

Maybe it is the sun making the color look off...

I just don't want it to have a funny contrast.

Uniforms

From what I have observed from photos, it seems very similar to how our end zone in Tempe was, both in design and color.

Top Bottom