Let's Just Talk Smack and Make Fun of Nebraska Thread

Fair enough. Usually he's good for a couple of turnovers...either fumbles or interceptions. Not today.

My thought was if they could run on us today that would be trouble...no matter who was running. Clearly the Gophers made sure he would not run.

However, AM did advance the ball significantly today for several plays. That was him plus his TE #11 and receivers. Glad they could not get the points to make it worthwhile.

Not your point but I'll take Tanner any day over Mr. Martinez. Appreciate the post.

The Gophs lit up Martinez hard a few times early when he tried to run or ran the option and pitched. That might have had an impact.

I guess I will always love it when we beat NU. I remember the 84-13 game and how that game really set the Gophers program back for at least a decade, really was no need to run out the score that day, but noooo Dr Tom just had to do….yes, this one & most of the last decade games have felt like little Rose Bowls for this old grisly Gopher fan! SWEET!

I had to turn off the Big 10 network postgame.

They were talking about Nebraska losing to us in the same breath as their loss against Illinois. Really good teams like Nebraska can't lose to teams as crappy as MN.
BTN needs to be reminded that the Gophers have won last 4 of 5 vs Nebraska and are 6-3 in the last 9 meetings - probably won’t matter - but nonetheless it’s an enjoyable stat.

Curtesy of our friends at College Football Final, may I present HARD DATA (from the inception of the Frost regime) which demonstrates irrefutable proof of systemic losing/lack of sloganerring -

1634472391430.png

No smack to talk to the Huskers. Happy to get a win. I’ll smack talk the media, especially Game Day crew. Not one of them said the Gophers would win and they mocked the $5 broken chair trophy. Acre you and your SEC bias. Georgia 2x in 3 weeks? Really? Also besides the media if it was Becky or Iowa that’s a whole different story.
They mocked the chair? WTF?!

BTN needs to be reminded that the Gophers have won last 4 of 5 vs Nebraska and are 6-3 in the last 9 meetings - probably won’t matter - but nonetheless it’s an enjoyable stat.
Exactly.

And as many have said in the past, it has to be competitive for it to be a rivalry and so far 4 out of 5 is not a competition! So, Nebraska is not a rival, they are our door mat..... lol

Huh? Martinez was awful. He didn’t run at all and missed a ton of receivers who were open. And he missed by a lot. Aside from their TD against a prevent D he did nothing despite starting multiple drives across the 50.
I've never understood the affection from anyone for Matinez. He's decent when he runs or gets outside the pocket but when kept or staying in the pocket he's always been awful. He just isn't a good pocket passing qb at all.

Minnesota building back up the all-time series lead. 35-25-2. Now we just need to retake the Badgers series and never look back.

Yeah I too tire of the “how did we lose to Minnesota” Nebraska comments. We have beat you four of the last five times. We are now just as strong if not a stronger program.

Not a Scott Frost fan at all and do enjoy seeing him take close L's. He should also keep his mouth shut regarding how another coach leads his kids. I have plenty of criticism's of Fleck but there is no doubt that his kids do seem to really like playing for him. He has also done a good job of giving the Gophers an identity that doesn't involve epic losses (well besides BG LOL). Regardless, keep your mouth shut Frost and focus on your own team.
However, my personal experience is that Husker FANS are the nicest in the Big 10. People in Nebraska in general are just good people.

I've never understood the affection from anyone for Matinez. He's decent when he runs or gets outside the pocket but when kept or staying in the pocket he's always been awful. He just isn't a good pocket passing qb at all.
He might make a good WR or TE.

I think Nebraska is now under .500 overall in big ten games since joining the conference. Sure their fans didn’t expect that. They are under .500 vs the Gophers in big ten games. Nice.

They love to justify their close losses against Michigan and Oklahoma as progress, then they lose to Minnesota and they suddenly want to blame Martinez. Well, Martinez did more to win today than lose that game for Nebraska.

Nebby fans just can't face it that they aren't that good. Bad teams lose a lot of close games.
All week long ... all I heard was how good Nebraska is now. They were already talking about playing Iowa for the Big Ten West Title this season. Nebraska fans are very strange...still think they are a great dynasty. And not to mention their little 'boy-coach'. That program is just a joke around. hahahahahahahahahahahna...they get what they deserve.

Blacksirts....Go Blackshirts...who the F is wearing black? None of us saw any player wearing a blackshirt. Hey Neb fans...it's 2021...time to move past 1995-96. Your program is nothing special.

I saw in his postgame interview that he trotted out the "well, they had 2 weeks to prepare for us" excuse.

Whatever Poop Face.

I saw in his postgame interview that he trotted out the "well, they had 2 weeks to prepare for us" excuse.

Whatever Poop Face.
Before the game, they asked him if his players would be tired, and he said no.
They will have good energy and in the NFL you play 17 weeks.

Revisionist history.

The Gophs lit up Martinez hard a few times early when he tried to run or ran the option and pitched. That might have had an impact.
I absolutely noticed this too, frankly the whole game. Looks like the D was told to not care if he pitched or not and to lay the lumber to him regardless, within the rules of course. If you go back and watch, you will see they did just that each and every option that was run.

I too think that had the effect they were looking for as to me, he was the key to the game!

The best line of the day was delivered by Karl who sits in the row behind me. At one point he said “Nebraska’s defense is good but they’re no Bowling Green.“ we all got a good laugh from that one.

Always enjoy watching this guy after every Nebraska loss.

He was dismayed with the Cornhuskers last TD to make it a 1 score game. There were lots of people OVERjoyed with that score though (even some Gopher fans, I am sure).

Yeah I too tire of the “how did we lose to Minnesota” Nebraska comments. We have beat you four of the last five times. We are now just as strong if not a stronger program.
News Flash!!

Frost fired at Nebraska, heads to Iowa as OC! The average IQ of both states rises!

Frost was just thrilled that they scored with a minute left so they can claim they only lost by one score.

Kind of a "badge of honor" thing.

They had a successful option play early where we really popped him hard. Remember thinking probably worth giving up a midfield 1st down to put a hard hit on the QB early.

Top Bottom