Let's Just Talk Smack and Make Fun of Nebraska Thread

Not the ones around me...obnoxious as hell
Those in upper 211 and 212 were having fun but kept it within bounds.

At the end as a Nebbie woman exited the row she told us "Great game...too bad you can't fill your stadium."

Mrs. Billd noted afterwards that was the best insult she had to throw at us...at least today any way. Very nice.

Last edited:

He gets press credentials?
I'm 100% cool with that. He is entertaining and considerably less bias the B1G postgame.

He complimented the Gophers, he complimented the stadium, he was funny ("my plans are to walk in front of a bus", he cares about college football and he gets clicks. I'd much rather have a guy like him get credentials than some stuff pro sports fan that couldn't name 5 guys on either team.

Actually got a pretty nice compliment considering the source when he noted TCF is a fun place to watch football and Nebbie could learn or thing or too from it.

High blasphemy from a Big Red insider.

Love it.
Yep, and we've all been there. He is relatable.

"My plan is to walk in front a f_cking bus". LOL. I hear you brother.

As we were leaving the stadium, some Gopher fans were mocking a group of Nebby fans by just saying “Frosty” numerous times. The Nebby fans retort? “Yeah, what’s your record”? I was standing directly behind him and promptly replied, “4-2”. F they have some stupid fans.

They love to justify their close losses against Michigan and Oklahoma as progress,
I heard this nonsense the other day when I went to buy a fall coat and the salesperson noticed my hat - good conversation and he repeatedly uttered the above "quality Ls," to which I retorted, but you still lost - he smirked and said, "not this Saturday." Lucky for me he told me that he's working tomorrow and he wasn’t shy about it

So naturally I have to go serenade him with a ditty, sung to Frosty the Snowman.

Here’s what I have so far ( feel free to make suggestions) -

Frosty the horrible coach is now 1-4 against MN and he’s soon to be unemployed

then they lose to Minnesota and they suddenly want to blame Martinez. Well, Martinez did more to win today than lose that game for Nebraska.
Nebby fans just can't face it that they aren't that good. Bad teams lose a lot of close games.

Last edited:

He runs the sb nation for them. Daily gopher writers get credentials
Did not know he was part of SB nation. Heck, I got photography creds in 2018 at Nebraska through a guy I know. It’s fun being right there.

Here’s a sneak peak at Nebraska’s bowl shirt for the 5th year in a row. They’re really building something special in Lincoln.A9743E42-D1AE-45ED-8606-A64BB95D11BE.jpeg

At least Huskers can look back fondly on the time they scored a garbage time TD against OU to lose by just 7.

Now that we won can we agree it was only because Nebraska is terrible, similar to how we knew Purdue is terrible because we beat them?
Yeah, last week Purdue was terrible, but this week Purdue is … not terrible, I guess.

From the Omaha Word Herald

The true agony of following Nebraska football is expecting Huskers to change​

That reads like something some local writers would write.... except our local writers mostly don't care anymore.

Some husker fan near me was mouthing off in the middle of the 3rd quarter (talking about how the cities are too liberal or something weirdly political during a football game among other insults of the gophers). I told him there is plenty of room in the visitor section for him to make such loud opinions. We were in a very maroon and gold section. He said it’s a free country and he can say what he wants. After Minnesota got the ball back with a minute left I reminded him that Nebraska was the best 3-5 team in the country and he was upset about it and I told him I thought it was a free country? Felt pretty good.

I also talked to a nice husker couple next to me who were great sports and they congratulated us on the win. In a joking way they said it sucks losing to the gophers because they think PJ is so annoying 😂. Most Nebraska fans are good sports and they travel really well to Minnesota.

Actually for Martinez he had a very good game today. The safety was ugly but otherwise managed their offense very well. Fortunately not good enough.
Huh? Martinez was awful. He didn’t run at all and missed a ton of receivers who were open. And he missed by a lot. Aside from their TD against a prevent D he did nothing despite starting multiple drives across the 50.

Huh? Martinez was awful. He didn’t run at all and missed a ton of receivers who were open. And he missed by a lot. Aside from their TD against a prevent D he did nothing despite starting multiple drives across the 50.
Agree. The only things he did better out of his recent pattern was not putting the ball on the ground or throwing an interception... You could look at the safety as 50 % on him, but Benfart (Benhart) wiffed badly on his block.

Last edited:

Fair enough. Usually he's good for a couple of turnovers...either fumbles or interceptions. Not today.

My thought was if they could run on us today that would be trouble...no matter who was running. Clearly the Gophers made sure he would not run.

However, AM did advance the ball significantly today for several plays. That was him plus his TE #11 and receivers. Glad they could not get the points to make it worthwhile.

Not your point but I'll take Tanner any day over Mr. Martinez. Appreciate the post.

5-ish years ago, a couple purchased the home across the street from me. They showed up with Iowa plates. I immediately fretted over having jerkass Hawkeye neighbors. But when football season began, they flew a Nebraska flag in front of their home on game days. As the years have gone by, that flag has been less and less prevalent. It did not fly at all today. I looked, several times.

Even after today, Martinez is still the leading rusher for UNL…today, he was -17 yards rushing.

Don't know who's wearing number 54 for Nebraskduh, but I'm sure glad he's not playing for the Gophers.

Number 54 is Esezi Otemewo's Neanderbraskan buddy from Lakeville. He badmouthed the Gophers last night on TV. Esezi manhandled his buttinski last year too in Lincoln.

He runs the sb nation for them. Daily gopher writers get credentials
Here is a taste of what is happening in Jon Johnston's Corn Nation cubby gopher hole (yes, he lives here):

Last edited:

Top Bottom