Let's hear more bold predictions for 2013 season!!!!!!!!!!!..........................

froggopher

Reaction score
Here's mine! The Minnesota Golden Gopher football team will go 10-2 this season with losses to Nebraska and Michigan! We will then play Georgia in a bowl game somewhere in warm weather. How's that for a bold forecast! We will also pound Iowa and Becky to death here in Minneapolis. Go Gophers!!:clap::clap::D:cool::p:rolleyes::pig::)

Mine if 8-4 with loses to Northwestern, Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State

I'd say 8-4 if we're healthy and get lucky and 6-6 if we're injury-plagued.

The only predictions I make are actually guesses in the Predict the Score Contests and the Pick Per Day Contests. It costs too much otherwise. I need to keep my money for cold beer with some JD on the side.

9-4 beating all 4 of the OOC teams, and beating 3 of either PSU, MSU, wiscy or an SEC team in a bowl game, we lose to Northwestern, Michigan and Nebraska and one of the other 4 teams i listed, we play in the Gator Bowl against maybe Missipi State or Vanderbilt

that is 3 games better then last year, some people may call me crazy but we won 3 more games last year compared to 2 years ago and i would have called you crazy if you told me that we would win 6 games last year and become Bowl eligible

7-5 (3-5)
Wins vs. UNLV, New Mexico, W Illinois, San Jose State, Iowa, Indiana, Penn State
Losses vs. Michigan, Northwestern, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State

I stopped at practice this morning for a short time and was very impressed with the physically imposing look of the linebacking corps.

Despite the loss of Stoudamire and Carter, the D back depth looks solid as well with many options available. The D line was always considered strong.

If the QB play can be solid, I would not see 8-4 as being a huge shock. There seem to be depth or at least a lot of potential at many positions if the first or second guy do not produce. In the recent past this was not often the case.

7-5 (3-5)
Wins vs. UNLV, New Mexico, W Illinois, San Jose State, Iowa, Indiana, Penn State
Losses vs. Michigan, Northwestern, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State

I don't know if anything less than 8 wins can be called bold. On the other hand anything less than five wins would be bold.

My bold prediction is that the Gophers will have a top six "D" in conference, but offense will struggle to get us to 6 wins.

To have a really nice year I'd like the team to:

-win all four NC games
-Beat Iowa, find a way to win at Indiana, Northwestern
-Win two more of: Wisc, at MSU, Penn St, Nebraska, or at Michigan

This would be 9 win and lead to a possible Jerry Kill statue being cast

None of these teams on the schedule look like Alabama, but I guess Nebraska, and Michigan could be awfully talented.

Beyond those two, the problem is that only Iowa looks bad on paper, Indiana has the look of a well coached offensive team with improving talent, and the rest are all very solid.

Anderson is probably a better overall coach than Bielema, but that situation is a wild card. MSU, Penn State and Northwestern show no signs of regressing from decent years last year.

Like Dr.Don I don't make predictions but if I did I would say 7-5.

We make $17 on beer sales at TCF this year.

We will make more money on beer during the Wisconsin game than we did all of last year. There will be several Wisconsin fans passed out at the beer tents at the end of the game who were never were able to get their last beer.

At this stage " bold " is beating both Iowa and Wisconsin. I just don't feel comfortable at QB

7-5, but one of those wins is against either Nebraska or Wisconsin.

Leidner is the starting QB by Week 3, Edwards is the Leading rusher for the year.

Neb is over rated. OSU put up 63 on them and Wisc. put up 70 in the title game. They squeaked out a 1 point win over Northwestern. They will come into TCF full of themselves and expecting an easy win. They may win but it won't be easy for them and it won't be a surprise if they lose.

Kirkwood will have at least one game with 200 rushing yards. Gopher's trophy case will have 3 trophies following the season, including one from a bowl game.

The Nebraska game will go the way the 2003 Michigan game went for the first three quarters!

The difference being Jerry and Company will NOT collapse and all will be good from this day forward!

8 wins!
I feel good about P Nelson IF we can run the ball in the Big Ten. I think we have some depth at RB and WR and the Defense is going to be better. Just concerned about Nelson staying healthy and depth on the Oline (center especially).

Bold Prediction:

7-5, win a bowl game, finish 8-5

and a bonus prediction: Wren will make a post comparing Kill's record in conference games to Mason's.

Bold Prediction:

and a bonus prediction: Wren will make a post comparing Kill's record in conference games to Mason's.

You forgot to include wren's conclusion that Kill has still a long way to go to measure up to greatest Gopher football coach in the past fifty years.:blah::blah::blah:

It has been over 40 years since Gopher football was relevant. Dang, even the Israelites got out of the desert after 40 years. props to those fans who have been in the desert longer than 20 years.

The Gophers will lead the big ten in SACKS!!! And will be top ten in the nation in Defensive TD'S!!

The D will block more passes than we have seen since 2000.

Bold Prediction:

And, I suppose to you it doesn't matter if a Gopher Coach is any where near competetive in Big Ten play? Some of you claim that Coach Kill has got this thing all figured out and it really doesn't matter if he gets Big Ten wins in his third season or not. I'm here to tell you s.o.n. that it DOES matter...it matters a lot. I am hoping that Coach Kill will go on to have as long a career here at Minnesota as he cares to have. But, to do that he has GOT to win more than two Big Ten games a season. His third season at a school has always supposed to be a GOOD season for him.

All I have said is that he will need to win FOUR Big Ten games in 2013 to have the same number of Big Ten wins that Coach Mason had by his third season. Coach Mason was able to last ten seasons here. I would wish the same thing for Coach Kill IF he wants that.

It is only Big Ten wins that can PROVE that he is making this Program competitive in Big Ten Play. I know some of you people don't like this nasty business of actually counting the number of Big Ten wins. I don't know what the heck you people are afraid of.

DL65 should ask c/oach Kill just how important HE thinks the number of Big Ten wins his team is able to achieve matters? Ask him how much it matters. Ask him WHY it matters. Ask him if it will matter to recruiting. Ask him if more Big Ten wins would provide a better experience for his players. Go ahead...just ask DL65 to have Mona ask Coach Kill questions about what it means to WIN Big Ten Football Games.

I'm sure Coach Kill will have an opinion on the matter whether some of you people are afraid of the question or not...

; 0 )

Mine was 5-7, hoping for 6-6. Still feel that way because our QBs haven't shown they can pass and we have a brutal schedule (could even lose to San Jose State). Hope I'm wrong, of course.

Aren't these supposed to be bold?

6-6, but we lose 2 Non conference games including the opener. have to win 4 conference games to get bowl eligible.

Bold Prediction:

Shame on you shorty! You woke up the town idiot and now he is babbling about Big Ten wins.:(

Top Bottom