Let's hear it for a basketball practice facility!

After I win the Powerball tonight, I'll take care of it. :rolleyes:

While I don't care one way or the other if they build it, is there any reason they can't at least go in with the Saints who are also whining for a new stadium? It seems silly to build two very similar facilities at the same time. Isn't there a spot on/near the St. Paul campus that can work for both? And if that can't work. would the U playing at Target Field permanently really be that terrible?

While I don't care one way or the other if they build it, is there any reason they can't at least go in with the Saints who are also whining for a new stadium? It seems silly to build two very similar facilities at the same time. Isn't there a spot on/near the St. Paul campus that can work for both? And if that can't work. would the U playing at Target Field permanently really be that terrible?

Saints are gunning for a downtown STP stadium and I doubt anything takes them away from that plan.

The U at Target Field wouldn't be terrible other than having to continue to schedule around the Twins.

"Let's hear it for a basketball practice facility!"

OK................IT!

Saints are gunning for a downtown STP stadium and I doubt anything takes them away from that plan.

The U at Target Field wouldn't be terrible other than having to continue to schedule around the Twins.

Like the Saints really have so much say here. They're asking for $25-40 million dollars. The T-Wolves want $150 million and neither is likely if the Vikings stadium doesn't pass first (what politician wants to be seen giving the T-Wolves $150 million they don't need and then see the Vikings moving fans pulling up?).

It would be better off for both sides to go in together if they want anything done. Otherwise, I predict both we will be in the exact same spot one year from now. Big dreams, no shovel in ground.

As for scheduling around the Twins, they did it for decades in the Dome, they can do it now. I realize the weather puts an added stress on it that didn't exist at the Dome, but it can likely be worked around, even if the Gophers have to play some 10 AM games when the Twins have a game at night.

Can someone explain to me why the u can't just take out of the endowment to payfor these? I've never understood it... Athletics is an investment

Top Bottom