Let's Gel as Fans like the Gophs have the Last 2 Games

that the fans can make a big difference during the game. During the Indiana game couple of players were trying to fire up the crowd during a break in the action........It does have a great impact on the game. I am in my mid 50's and I am disgusted with so many of the older fans (mostly in the lower level ) sitting, not clapping expect if something big happens and just generally looking like it does not mean anything..............

During the Wisconsin game, a becky fan was sitting by me and was making all kinds of noise and started the game by jumping up in the air ( not just standing but jumping into the air with arms raised for the two threes and yelling ) but when he realize they were getting their a** kicked he started to take offence to my cheering and a gentleman in a MN sweatshirt told me that I should take it easy on him ( becky )..........by the way the MN fan that said that clapped very little, was fairly quiet and LEFT the Game EARLY............ Come on....if becky wants to come into the Barn.....then we should send them home with their tails between their legs......I have no problem with the student section......I have a problem with the MN fans that don't want to defend the Barn against all comers.........

Come all you mellow fans......... Lets make all teams Fear the Barn..... our raised floor...... the roughest student section in the country and every fan showing the emotion that down deep they still have...........

I remember the Barn in the 70's 80's and 90's and it was a lot more lively...... the problem is the fans are the same ones and are just getting too old and lazy to still make it the same place it was......

Yes you fans that sit on your hands this is a challenge.......... prove me wrong...... let get the Barn rocking again...... don''t give me excuses....... if you are willing to buy a ticket....... show that you care...... these are young men that need that........ Hey they wouldn't be pumping their arms to make you make noise if it did not make a difference.........

Fear the Barn........... a big part of it is some emotion from the fans...... Now lets go send purdue home with their tails between their legs........... ( and please help any purdue fan that sits by me )

This Barn is the FANS HOME......... defend it like it was your house you live in......... Lets make everyone FEAR the BARN.........

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!! I agree with every word you wrote!

The notion that it doesn't make a difference is just absurd! If it didn't make a difference, why even let fans go to the game? (besides the monetary value)...

Post of the year.

+100000000000

Agreed!

Some good posts. You elaborated on all of my thoughts. I'm sick of the old fans (no offense, it's obviously not people on here and it's not just old people) who don't cheer (a lot don't even know what's going on) and I can't stand everyone leaving early. In the OOC games I had people sitting by us who would leave after halftime because they could see we were up by enough that there was no chance we would lose. What a waste of tickets. I was embarrassed to start the game when the 100 or so Wisc fans sounded about a quarter as loud as our over 14,000 fans in many games.

LEAVING the game early....... Why do you buy a ticket... to watch part of a game????? to beat the rush....... the rush seems to start 5 minute before the game ends.....

I am still standing for the Rouser.... Most times I find time to listen to Tubby's post game..... and guess what..... I have a nice easy walk to my car with no one to get in my way and I have avoided the worst of the traffic.......But most of all..... I bought a ticket (seasons tickets for many years ) and watched a FULL game of basket ball.....

OK we were defiantly going to win the indiana game so you could make excuses...... but the fans that stayed got to watch some player out there that could use your encouragement and are also possible starters in the future play some minutes.......OK it was the prettiest at moments but it was fun to bask in the moment of handing it to indiana by watching the bench players play......

Tell me that those kids don't know that we don't care enough to stay to the bitter end.....win or lose......big lead or not....... If we want those kids to care...... WE must CARE Too.......

OK enough of me for a while........ I will get off my soap box........ But lets send purdue home with their tails between their legs........

Go Gophers

On another note, I was glad to see the band was playing more than usual the last few games, but then they decided to bust out probably the worst cheer in the country with the MINN-E-SO-TA chant with our male cheerleaders running around with flags. My friend who I was with (a Marquette fan) concluded at the Indiana game that we have the worst/most awkward cheers he's heard, we have too many advertisement games that kill the atmosphere, and our halftime shows are terrible. Our halftime entertainment has been pretty terrible this year. They basically did nothing for the Indiana game.

Now that it is game day, let's get ready to ROCK the barn tonight! (I'm a 40 something, but believe me... tonight people are going to mistake me for a loud obnoxious 20 something) Go Gophers!

We Did Everything We Could - Nice Job Everyone!

From an Associate Press recap of the came:

"With Hummel looking on glumly from the bench with crutches at his side and Johnson and Moore not as effective as usual, a deafening crowd backed an active Minnesota zone defense with Sampson and fellow big man Colton Iverson clogging the lane and muscling their way to the basket on offense."

Well... we gotta keep doing this up til the end of the year and from the VERY beginning of next year.

I think the Gophs can play with anyone in this league on a given night... so let's cheer for a run in the Big Ten Tourney.

Tonights loss was a positive loss. The Noise at the barn made it a close game. The positivity generated by this thread might have lead to us almost beating the #3 NCAA team in the world! We can beat anyone. If we cheer loud enough and stay positive, this loss tonight might be exactly what the dr. ordered and we are better for it.

Top Bottom