let the rumors begin...VT & shaka

stroms7

Reaction score
The U of M basketball checklist:

1.) Encourage Tubby to look into the VA Tech job and take it.

2.) Pay Shaka the same contract Tubby is currently getting (which would be almost double what he's making now) and convince him Minnesota is a destination job.

3.) Encourage Ingram or Oto to pursue "other opportunities".

4.) Call Lockett and tell him SURPRISE! We have an open scholarship.

5.) Go 14-4 in the 2012-13 B1G conference season.

6.) Watch the donations begin to roll in for a practice facility.

7.) Tyus and Rashad. Rashad and Tyus.

Shaka

If the Gophers want to seriously pursue Shaka, they would be best to wait until after next year. Hard pressed to see him leave a team that loses one starter off a team that most in the preseason picked 4th in the Colonial, which was a couple free throws from the Sweet Sixteen.

Knowing Shaka, Teague could create an atmosphere at the U which he knows Shaka would value. Norwood knows Shaka wouldn't leave this offseason. It is widely believed that Shaka would only leave VCU for UConn, UCLA or maybe Louisville/Kentucky. But with Norwood, he has a working relationship, and I believe that it is an edge that Norwood knows exactly what Shaka wants in a program.

2.) Pay Shaka the same contract Tubby is currently getting (which would be almost double what he's making now) and convince him Minnesota is a destination job.

Fanboard fantasy is alive and well!

Fanboard fantasy is alive and well!

Exactly.

We have a good coach already

Hope Oto isn't going anywhere

We can win next year with current roster

I think the practice facility will get done

Hope rashad and tyus keep an eye on us next year, I expect good things

And, hope the legislature kills the Vikings stadium deal and does support the U's BB needs, in a new BB arena and practice facility. That would be money well spent.

And, hope the legislature kills the Vikings stadium deal and does support the U's BB needs, in a new BB arena and practice facility. That would be money well spent.

Spoken like too many folks in this society. I don't want the government supporting projects I don't like, just the ones I do like.

I hope the Vikes get the nicest stadium in the NFL. And I hope the Gophers get the nicest basketball practice facility on the planet. They don't have to be one or the other...

Spoken like too many folks in this society. I don't want the government supporting projects I don't like, just the ones I do like.

I hope the Vikes get the nicest stadium in the NFL. And I hope the Gophers get the nicest basketball practice facility on the planet. They don't have to be one or the other...

But...but everything I disagree with is stupid, and I hate you.

It is good to dream, from a practical standpoint just don't offer Tubby an extension until he proves he can win with next years squad. If he can't win next year it is "Shaka Time"

It is good to dream, from a practical standpoint just don't offer Tubby an extension until he proves he can win with next years squad. If he can't win next year it is "Shaka Time"

^^^^
This.

Top Bottom