Let the debate begin. Better season, Wisconsin or Minnesota?

I guess maybe I don't understand. You are saying only fans will remember when their team was in the Final Four? I think you'll remember Wisconsin for a long time -- you've already forgotten. In that case you probably aren't a good judge of memory.

Right...In a couple of years you'll be sitting at the local bistro during hoop season and all of sudden, BINGO!
You will blurt out: " Remember Wisconsin's loss in the Final 4" ?? Unless your from Wisconsin, give me a f-ing
break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right...In a couple of years you'll be sitting at the local bistro during hoop season and all of sudden, BINGO!
You will blurt out: " Remember Wisconsin's loss in the Final 4" ?? Unless your from Wisconsin, give me a f-ing
break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I do remember that the 1982 North Carolina/Houston game was a blast to watch, and so was the Georgetown/Louisville game. NC over Georgetown in the Championship game.
1983 was an awesome Final Four. NC State over Georgia, and Houston over Louisville was one of my favorite games of all time, even though the final score didn't reflect how awesome that game was.
1984 had a fantastic Houston/Virginia game before Houston lost to Georgetown.

Those are the years that I became a permanent fan of college basketball, rather than just a fan of the Gophers.

I'm not going to list every Final Four game I remember, but it is beyond ridiculous to think that no one outside of a badger fan will remember that game.

I know this thread isn't meant to be serious, but I will say this. I would take having been invited to the Big Dance any day, but it is kind of a fun distinction to be the one Big Ten team to end the season with a win.

Hang it right next to the football national football banners:cool02:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Also, to some of you who apparently don't come around here much: the original post was a joke, a tongue in cheek reference to the Gophers vs Iowa poll last week.

Top Bottom