Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Penn St - L
Rutgers - W
Nebraska - W
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - L

My expectations are super high this year, but its tough to win on the road in the B1G.

NMSU - W
W.I. - W
Colorado- W
MSU - W
Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Penn St - L
Rutgers - W
Nebraska - W
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - L

My expectations are super high this year, but its tough to win on the road in the B1G.
I know that is the conventional line of thinking…..but

2019-2021
8-4 in Big Ten road games
2 of the 4 losses were in OT - Maryland, Wisconsin
both road loses to Iowa were very close 1 score games

Fleck’s teams play very well on the road. We have a tough road schedule this year but road games don’t worry me nearly as much under the current regime.

my prediction for this year is 3-0 non conf and 7-2 in conference. But would like to see teams in action some before predicting individual games.

NMSU - W
W.I. - W
Colorado- W
MSU - L
Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Penn St - L
Rutgers - W
Nebraska - L
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - W

9-3, West Champs. Axe and Pig united in Minny for the first time in many years. Nebraska's better this year and takes back the Chair but Iowa does us a solid the final week and beats them and we avoid losing a H2H tiebreaker. There's always a loss in there we don't expect. Illinois and Rutgers come painfully close but the good guys prevail.

21 point dogs to undefeated Ohio State in Indy. Gophers lose 45-24 in a push for the gamblers.

Citrus Bowl vs Ole Miss, and the Gophers come up winners! 10-4 overall and a strong year.

New Mexico St -W
West IL -W
Col - W
MSU - L
Purdue - L
Illinois W
Penn St - L
Rutgers W
Nebraska L
N.W. W
Iowa W
Wisconsin L
Bowl game W

NMSU - W
W.I. - W
Colorado- W
MSU - L
Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Penn St - L
Rutgers - W
Nebraska - L
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - L

I'm really bullish on this team and I think it can be a lot like 2019. I'm going 10-2 in the regular season and this year, a trip to Indy. Probably fall short in the B1G game but bounce back with a bowl victory. 11-3.
Vs. New Mexico State - Win
Vs. Western Illinois - Win
Vs. Colorado - Win
@ Michigan State - Win
Vs. Purdue - Win
@ Illinois - Win
@ Penn State - Win
Vs. Rutgers - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
Vs. Northwestern - Win
Vs. Iowa - Win
@ Wisconsin - Loss
B1G Championship - Loss
Bowl Game - Win

I predict we play all of our games. We win some and we lose some. When we lose the GH chicken littles will call for a new coach and staff. When we win the GH dreamers will call for national championship. In the end we will play in a meaningless bowl game someplace in a warmer climate and we will all enjoy one last weekend of Gopher football while we track the basketball team in their preseason games.

NMSU - W
W.I. - W
Colorado- W
MSU - W
Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Penn St - W

At this point Minnesota history is bound to kick in despite the efforts of Coach Fleck.

Rutgers - L
Nebraska - W
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - W

Gophers finish 11-1 then go to B1G Championship and beat OSU 37-34 on a fake punt drop kick when pretending to try to pin OSU deep. Harrowing last 50 seconds ends with Wallet intercepting Hail Mary at the buzzer.

Inexplicably, OSU STILL GETS INVITED TO THE CFP. Minnesota gets relegated to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl due to perception other B1G teams draw bigger crowds and Rutgers loss keeping 12-1 Minnesota ranked out of the top ten.

13-1 end of season.

I don’t see a sure loss on the schedule.
All are wins except for the 4 toss up games of MSU, PSU, IA and WI, which we split.

Our record will be 10-2.

If MSU wasn’t our first conference game, I’d give us the W over them as I think they are overhyped after losing their great RB.

NMSU - W
W.I. - W
Colorado- W
MSU - L
Purdue - L
Illinois - W
Penn St - L
Rutgers - W
Nebraska - L
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - L

NMSU - W
W.I. - W
Colorado- W
MSU - W
Purdue - W
Illinois - W
Penn St - W

At this point Minnesota history is bound to kick in despite the efforts of Coach Fleck.

Rutgers - L
Nebraska - W
Northwestern - W
Iowa - W
Wisconsin - W

Gophers finish 11-1 then go to B1G Championship and beat OSU 37-34 on a fake punt drop kick when pretending to try to pin OSU deep. Harrowing last 50 seconds ends with Wallet intercepting Hail Mary at the buzzer.

Inexplicably, OSU STILL GETS INVITED TO THE CFP. Minnesota gets relegated to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl due to perception other B1G teams draw bigger crowds and Rutgers loss keeping 12-1 Minnesota ranked out of the top ten.

13-1 end of season.
A 1 loss outright P5 conference champ has never been left out of the playoff

I don’t see a sure loss on the schedule.
All are wins except for the 4 toss up games of MSU, PSU, IA and WI, which we split.

Our record will be 10-2.

If MSU wasn’t our first conference game, I’d give us the W over them as I think they are overhyped after losing their great RB.
I feel basically the same way -- that 12-0 is a legit possibility, which is crazy. I'm going to predict 11-1 below, but I think you're right that 9-3 or 10-2 is probably more likely given the inconsistent play we've seen from MN the past couple years.

NMSU: W
WIU: W
Colo: W
MSU: W (I predict a 7-5/8-4 type year by MSU)
PU: W (At home, PJ owns Brohm, and the secondary will be a HUGE team strength)
Illinois: W (20 - 30 point statement win)
PSU: L (MN will be the better team, but winning at Happy Valley in the whiteout = tough)
RU: W (Comfy win)
Neb: W (Another coach PJ owns. Probably close, but MN wins)
NW: W (Yawner like last year)
Iowa: W (At home, MN passing game will be better, close win)
Wisc: W (Close game w/ similar script as last year. Couple big plays win it)

Probably lose the B1G championship like most West teams...but a new banner hangs at Huntington Bank Stadium!

Top Bottom