Les Miles was accused of texting LSU female students, taking them to his condo alone, making them feel uncomfortable

My guess is they would be responsible for his contract buyout. I have no clue what that is but I doubt it is cheap.

Honestly I put this as much on LSU as I do on Miles. They clearly didn't care enough about what was happening to potentially disrupt the football program by holding Miles accountable.

But the question still stands in regards to Kansas electing to punish him for actions that didn't happen while he was an employee of Kansas. Should it turn out that he hasn't done anything inappropriate at all while at Kansas.

No clue what the right or wrong answer is in regards to how they should handle it.
He's a head coach on a leadership position... I think the reasons are obvious why if you find out what happened at LSU that you decide he isn't someone you want leading at your school.

Say Kansas does their internal investigation and finds that Miles has had zero incidents of any kind with female staff members and female students. i think if that were the case I would have a real difficult time seeing a justification for them punishing him now for questionable behavior at a different school multiple years ago.
If Kansas wants to use this as a way to get out early from Miles without paying him the buyout (ie, fired for cause), I have a feeling they'll be able to "find" something in the investigation.

The kissing portion and uncomfortable situation seem like valid complaints

So was the taking to the Condo alone was Kidnapping? Or what are we talking about? Same with texting. Seems like Rather normal activities. Seems like if there was something worse then print that instead.

Yeah I would assume so. Not sure I've seen a 'with cause' for 'happened at other school' yet.
Assuming that there is no similar conduct found at Kansas, the cause would likely arise from the interview process. Miles was (or at least should have been) asked about prior investigations, disciplinary actions, rules infractions, etc. If he lied about any of that, Kansas could take the position that his statements were intended to induce the university to enter into the contract under false preteneses and that he wouldn't have been hired if he had told the truth.

Assuming that there is no similar conduct found at Kansas, the cause would likely arise from the interview process. Miles was (or at least should have been) asked about prior investigations, disciplinary actions, rules infractions, etc. If he lied about any of that, Kansas could take the position that his statements were intended to induce the university to enter into the contract under false preteneses and that he wouldn't have been hired if he had told the truth.
Yeah that's reasonable. Someone would have to have thought to ask... not sure how often that is.

For cause is pretty rare in CFB world, even when some questionable stuff happens.

Yeah. If they aren’t all in...they’re likely seeing if they can fire him for a (lying) to see if they can move on with no payment.

Les Miles more like More Miles traveled to his next job. I dunno. Tired. Little buzzed.

Lance Leipold would make sense but almost certainly he would not take this job. They might have to go the FBS or upstart assistant route.

Jerry Kill time. The fixer
Jerry in good health is actually ideal for Kansas. Matt Canada would be a very good choice but extremely unlikely after he took the OC job with the Steelers.

Last edited:

Jerry Kill time. The fixer
I'd be curious who Jerry would hire and etc... he really worked with just a handful of guys as far as coordinators go... presumably he'd pickup some non coordinators and make them coordinators from his last couple jobs?

Or would he go all the way and try to put the band back together?

Last edited:

Les Miles to permanent retirement for dirty old men.

The KU athletic director is now also out. Rumor has it that they are (or were) discussing a settlement with Miles. Miles' attorney says KU knew of the prior complaints when they hired him, KU administration says they did not.

The KU athletic director is now also out. Rumor has it that they are (or were) discussing a settlement with Miles. Miles' attorney says KU knew of the prior complaints when they hired him, KU administration says they did not.
KU might have known, but it's Miles attorny so he isn't going to say whatever is good for the guy paying his bills...

I do wonder how KU knew... but nobody else did until recently tho.

U of M has hired folks using a search firm who apparently had poor histories and they didn't find out about them until after the fact ...

KU might have known, but it's Miles attorny so he isn't going to say whatever is good for the guy paying his bills...

I do wonder how KU knew... but nobody else did until recently tho.

U of M has hired folks using a search firm who apparently had poor histories and they didn't find out about them until after the fact ...
Absolutely true, the attorney's job at this point is to try to create enough smoke that KU decides to settle rather than try to justify a termination for cause. Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps the departure of the AD has something to do with what he knew and what he did or did not do with that information.

Top Bottom