Leo Musso Waunakee: Why Not Offer Him?

mcsmitty12

Reaction score
Leo Musso (5'10, 190) from Waunakee, Wisconsin is one heck of an athlete. I'm sure you've heard his name tossed about, but he owns the top Sparq score in the midwest and 7th in the nation overall. I saw this kid play personally and he has great strength, balance, and and surprisingly impressive speed and lateral movement. I think he would make a fine addition to Dinkytown. He could switch into a secondary player if RB didn't work out, or he could make a smooth transition into a dangerous return man. He is a bit on the small side, but his running ability is raw enough to compete at the Big Ten level. He holds offers from Northern Illinois, South Dakota State, and a few local division 2 schools around the area. My guess is Wisconsin will only offer him a preferred walk on, but I firmly believe he would be a good get for The Gophers. I feel that schools are missing out on a homegrown talent, and I want to know if anyone else feels the same way.

Can't say I have ever heard of him before and if he hasn't come up by now I doubt if he will be getting an offer.

I think his only chance at Minnesota would be a preferred walk on.

I love it! I'm a Waunakee High School alum. I don't think he has the size to play in the Big Ten. I saw a Minnesota scout at the State Championship game, FWIW.

My really bad here. When I read the Thread Title, I misread it as Leo Musso Waunabee.

Kid is FAST but not sure where you would play him with that size.

He has offers from NIU and NDSU so they must think he has the size. Maybe ST's or slot?

With those offers, its very unlikely he would choose to be a PWO. I doubt Coach Kill would bring in another scholarship RB but no question that Musso is an ATH. and could play for us.

There are several Wisconsin RBs that appear pretty similar skill wise. Marcus Horne, Caleb Belknap, and Toneo Gulley (Navy verbal).

No. I don't think Larson (EP) should get a scholarship offer, and if he doesn't, I don't know why they'd offer this kid.

Kid is FAST but not sure where you would play him with that size.

Why is 5'10" 195 small? That is what I saw him listed at on ESPN.

Plenty of 'small' kids can play football at a very high level.

I don't know whether he should get a scholarship or not but his size wouldn't be an issue for me.

I do agree that Larson is probably the premier running back in the state of Minnesota, but apparently you have to pry a scholarship from Kill's cold, dead fingers, and he refuses to embrace Larson's potential. With that said, Musso is the foremost RB in Wisconsin. I just don't see why Kill can't at least give Larson a full ride while proactively recruiting Musso.

I do agree that Larson is probably the premier running back in the state of Minnesota, but apparently you have to pry a scholarship from Kill's cold, dead fingers, and he refuses to embrace Larson's potential. With that said, Musso is the foremost RB in Wisconsin. I just don't see why Kill can't at least give Larson a full ride while proactively recruiting Musso.

Ummm are you Serious? What eveidence do you have that he has pursued Musso with any sort of gusto? He sent a coach to look at him, thats what good programs do. In regards to Larson, he gave Larson a hard look, and he didnt want to offer him, its that simple. He doesnt have to offer every solid prospect in minnesota.

Refuse to embrace his potential? lol Dude you must be close to Larson somehow, or simply think all Minnesotans that are solid high school players, deserve a scholarship. There are alot of kids that have potential, its up to the coach to decide which guys he sees more in and doesnt. Larson is a boarderline prospect, its that simple. You might like him alot, but coach kill doesnt see enough to warrant a scholarship

We already have 5 sophomore RB's on next years squad, a freshman, and a JC. We have other needs. Kill would have offered Larson if he was blown away. It's a numbers game. We'll see what happens in the next 42 days.

Ummm are you Serious? What eveidence do you have that he has pursued Musso with any sort of gusto? He sent a coach to look at him, thats what good programs do. In regards to Larson, he gave Larson a hard look, and he didnt want to offer him, its that simple. He doesnt have to offer every solid prospect in minnesota.

Re-read his post...you misunderstood him.

We already have 5 sophomore RB's on next years squad, a freshman, and a JC. We have other needs. Kill would have offered Larson if he was blown away. It's a numbers game. We'll see what happens in the next 42 days.
Exactly we have other areas that are bigger needs. We have lots of small backs, little experience, and a need for a big back. Gillum will bring experience and Robinson is a big back. The thinness of the defensive backfield is sucking up a lot of scholarships leaving fewer available for projects.

Re-read his post...you misunderstood him.
Seems to me he understood him perfectly, cKill won't offer a running back that has about the same amount of talent as three kids already on the team, who really should not be BigTen starters, given how weak we are at DB, MLB, DT, and WR. It is no disrespect intended to Larson, but he will only take an freshman RB this year if he thinks they have a chance to be a star.
He could be wrong about Larson, but he has to make decisions he believes and live with them.
I actually thought the Musso kid really reads holes and blocking well, I liked how he atttacked. As far as 5'!0" and 195 go, it is not that small, but if he is that big Harden from CDH is 6' and 320.

How many rbs do you want in this class?? Musso isn't the foremost RB in Wisconsin either. Vonte Jackson is a Badger verbal and Toneo Gulley has more offers then Musso according to rivals, so does Marcus Horne. When no other bcs teams are willing to give a shot it's silly to scream at Kill for not giving one either.

Top Bottom