Leidner: I don’t know who would want to be part of this program at this time.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

That's the same way I felt about watching Mitch

No one Mitch. You are right about that. It will be fun to watch all the candidates get mentioned, Coyle reaching out through some national search committee (because that's how we do it here) and then said coach quickly removes their name from the committees list. Then about end of February, after NSD some bottom tier coach will emerge. That's my feeling anyway. I just don't see how he pulls off anything. I guess we will see but I don't see anyone wanting to come here just like you said Mitch.

Maybe you shouldn't have boycotted the football program there Mitcheroo. That probably didn't help Claeys' situation.

"We don't want to play for this administration"

Brett McMurphyVerified account
‏@McMurphyESPN
Minnesota underclassman: “Doesn’t matter who coach is we don’t want to play for administration. Countless people will transfer if possible”

Stating the obvious, but at least we have word from one of the players.

GO GOPHERS!

Maybe you shouldn't have boycotted the football program there Mitcheroo. That probably didn't help Claeys' situation.

Nope. No boycott and no question he is still the coach. Claeys wasn't a good enough leader of young men to keep them from doing something stupid.

Don't lead a boycott that in the end got your coach fired Mitch.

I can't believe i was forced to watch u for several years...Make that degree count because the NFL scouts are going to laugh at you.

Not sure how serious anyone's supposed to take your threats of transferring when you're boycott couldn't last a whole weekend.

I see all the deranged hyenas are out for a laugh. Schmucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tempers are hot and things will be said - not everyone will follow thru with threats although some will.

New coach will either have to weave a narrative bridge to keep the team together or clean house.

Leidner can go **** himself for saying this. They just talked about this quote in the 5pm Sportscenter. He was lucky to be a part of this program with his talent level, partakes in a boycott that gets his coach fired, throws 4 picks in the second half against our biggest rival as a Senior, then has the balls to say this cr@p? Time for Mitch to just go away.

Leidner can go **** himself for saying this. They just talked about this quote in the 5pm Sportscenter. He was lucky to be a part of this program with his talent level, partakes in a boycott that gets his coach fired, then has the balls to say this cr@p? Time for Mitch to just go away.

Mitch has been a joke on and off the field.....It will be nice to watch a competent QB again at the U one of these days.

All the self righteous wieners can have their laugh. Hold on to it, your day will come.

Leidner: 'Either hop on the bandwagon or don't hop on at all' - 2015

You on board with the U or not Mitch? if not, shut your mouth and stay away.

Although, I liked Claeys, the player reaction to the EEOA report was mud on my boot. If they want to leave, I'll bless them as they go. If they stay, then they need to display a sense of loyalty and keep the program going forward. Anybody not willing to be a man and show some loyalty to the program can grow up and make a life decision and not complain about it.

Although, I liked Claeys, the player reaction to the EEOA report was mud on my boot. If they want to leave, I'll bless them as they go. If they stay, then they need to display a sense of loyalty and keep the program going forward. Anybody not willing to be a man and show some loyalty to the program can grow up and make a life decision and not complain about it.
Agreed

Leidner busted his a$$ for this program. He was the best that we could do. Let's face it, most of his critics here never had the talent nor work ethic to play QB at a P5 school, yet they are his biggest critics. Claeys publicly supported the boycott, so you can't put that on Leidner.

Leidner busted his a$$ for this program. He was the best that we could do. Let's face it, most of his critics here never had the talent nor work ethic to play QB at a P5 school, yet they are his biggest critics. Claeys publicly supported the boycott, so you can't put that on Leidner.
Mitch is a big boy. If he can't handle ribbing on a message board about being a mediocre quarterback he should get off Twitter. He probably can handle it.

Take all your potshots at Mitch, but he's right as rain. Through the years, the administration here has never given a damn about having a winning football team. Now, they just risked sending the program spiraling backwards by waiting until the absolute last minute to fire a coach who won nine games and was the architect of finally putting a defense out there that could actually get off the field on third downs just to save $500K. If they cared about the program, and wanted to start over, they could have done so when TC declined to back his bosses 3 weeks ago. But they didn't. They sat on their hands until after the first of the year. Now, a new coach, who isn't going to be any kind of a big name, if history repeats itself, has to come in and try to scrape together some sort of recruiting class. Oh, on top of that, he's got to put together his own staff and will be expected to jump start fundraising that has stalled significantly. Good effing luck.

Top Bottom