Leidner can't buy a call

2rennyf.png

Leidner's knee is down. Neither player was close to going toward the ground. It should've been a penalty - absolutely no question about it.

THAT'S NOTHING!!!!!! Watch the second play the Gophers run.....Leidner takes a vicious shot right to the facemask!!! NO FLAG! He gets up flexing his neck and looked like he was hurt. It was obvious. And than to pick up the flag on that subsequent hit....I knew we weren't going to get any calls from the Mountain West crew.

2rennyf.png

Leidner's knee is down. Neither player was close to going toward the ground. It should've been a penalty - absolutely no question about it.

If only the human brain could pause like this. I would say it "could have" been called a foul instead of "should have".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2rennyf.png

I think they look pretty close to going to the ground.

This isn't tecmo bowl where you just hit the dpad and immediately go the other way.

Picking that flag up cost us the game........The next play was the 16 yard punt.

Ok so I was at the game and I'm pretty sure we didn't lose... I don't recall drinking too much....

I was responding to the Suplex comment from the Michigan game last year -- which did cost us the game. We did win CSU. Drink on, slab, drink on.

If only the human brain could pause like this. I would say it "could have" been called a foul instead of "should have".

They didn't need to land on him. Both of them. Not much different than the timing (not the targeting part) in the Celestin hit vs OSU and he was definitely called for a penalty there.

The refs have been inconsistent. I know you're a referee and like to defend them, but at some point just say they made a mistake!!!! It's ok - they're human.

If Mitch gets his leg injured on this play or breaks a rib or two what is the call?
it seems like the gophers don't get the calls i.e. Ohio State and many more
whats it going to take to get a call
i think we all believe we need a healthy Mitch Leidner or the year could be FUBAR

You can nit pick all day about whether one or both of those players should have been flagged, but the OP is correct that Leidner can't buy a call. He almost NEVER gets the benefit of the doubt. Anything close goes the other way.

The opener comes to mind for me. We got called for stuff like that but it wasn't called when leidner took a hit.

They didn't need to land on him. Both of them. Not much different than the timing (not the targeting part) in the Celestin hit vs OSU and he was definitely called for a penalty there.

The refs have been inconsistent. I know you're a referee and like to defend them, but at some point just say they made a mistake!!!! It's ok - they're human.

Refs make mistakes all the time. It's the human part of the game. Camera angles on TV are never the angle that the ref has.

This is the most Minnesota thread ever.

I'm struggling to remember the last time the Gophers took a shot to the head of a sliding QB, the refs saw it that way and threw a flag, but then decided that it wasn't a "forcible" enough shot to the head of a sliding quarterback to warrant a penalty.

Top Bottom