Leidner and the Option REad

victor04

Reaction score
Im sorry but Leidner really is inept at knowing when to hand off to Cobb, and when to keep it himself. I really dont care if we we lose this game, but I do care that Leidner is still unable to grasp the timing and understanding to keep the option read more. It is such a big part of this offense, yet he really lacks at it. I will wait till next year though to say he is a lost cause at such a important piece of Limy's O.

He has ran it flawlessly at times. So far today and against Illinois he has struggled. Not sure if he's just inconsistent or if it's something certain defenses do.

I posted this on the in game thread as well. I wonder if there are certain times he is told to hand it off no matter what. Maybe trying to set it up for later in the game? I could be way off, just a thought though.

If it always a true read option, then yes, he has not been very good at the read today.

You're dumb.

Lol well said, you always elevate the conversations around here. If he was effective at reading the option read we would be a much better team, thats mainly what im saying. Keep em comin Don, you got a few more zingers in ya!

I posted this on the in game thread as well. I wonder if there are certain times he is told to hand it off no matter what. Maybe trying to set it up for later in the game? I could be way off, just a thought though.

If it always a true read option, then yes, he has not been very good at the read today.

You are 100% correct. If you don't know the exact playcall and who he was supposed to read, hard to judge him.

Leidner doesn't have the athleticism to effectively run the read option well. He does his best. In his ideal offense, he doesn't have to run it, but we lack weapons.

Or YA know it's predetermined what the play is at times

Obviously, none of us know what plays are being called, but it seemed like on most the of "read" plays the DE we were keying on would sneak down the LOS, but would stay square to the LOS. This makes it a tough read for Mitch, and with OSUs athleticism they would have even able to recover very quickly if Mitch kept the ball. There were definitely a few times he could have kept it, but if there is any grey area the QB should give the ball away.

Top Bottom