Leidner and clock management

Swede

Reaction score
Clock management had been suspect under Kill's watch. Nothing has changed in the post Kill area. Who is that on? Has to be Limegrover, no?

Oh, and I take back every thing I've ever said about Leidner until next week. Minus the last 19 seconds his pay had been gutsy.

Clock management falls on the head coach. He has the final say.

This coaching staff will not be here next year. They proved it tonight.

Clock management had been suspect under Kill's watch. Nothing has changed in the post Kill area. Who is that on? Has to be Limegrover, no?

Oh, and I take back every thing I've ever said about Leidner until next week. Minus the last 19 seconds his pay had been gutsy.

Leidner was extremely lucky tonight. He still sucks as a passer. He's almost good enough to almost win big games. I was hoping for more.

This coaching staff will not be here next year. They proved it tonight.
Really? They gaining 460 yards against the number 1 defense in the country. They were 2 touchdown underdogs and they were in it until the last play. Overall, except for the final 19 seconds I was pretty impressed.

I have always been lenient on Limegrover, theorizing that Kill was hampering his play calling.

He continuously called runs between the tackles, to 0-3 yd gains (unless Mich screwed up)
No jet-sweeps, end arounds, or RB sweeps outside. (Our O-Line is the worst in B1G)
and he called that sh*t factory call at the end of the game, wasting 17 seconds to run a play out
of shot gun from the 1 yard line.

In my minutes after this lost, i'm losening up on my criticism of Claeys, just so long as he breaks away from
Limey in the off-season and hires a competent offensive coordinator who knows how to do things
outside the D1AA level.

Leidner was extremely lucky tonight. He still sucks as a passer. He's almost good enough to almost win big games. I was hoping for more.

You were hoping for more against the best defense in the country?

Did Mitch get bailed out a few times tonight? Sure. Did he also keep the team in the game with exceptional play? Yes.

Seriously, how delusional are some of you fans when it comes to QB play from a college athlete? This isn't the NFL. Mitch was f***ing outstanding tonight. He was very good. Our offense made a top notch defense look pedestrian tonight, and Mitch was the main reason. Open your eyes.

Really? They gaining 460 yards against the number 1 defense in the country. They were 2 touchdown underdogs and they were in it until the last play. Overall, except for the final 19 seconds I was pretty impressed.

The final 19 were the most critical. They lost track of what was going on. You cannot count on this staff in the crunch time.

Keeping them is akin to saying "Joe Salem was hand picked by Paul Giel to coach this team, so let's let him finish his contract." after the 1983 season.

We need a staff that can prepare a team during the week and manage the game for the full 60 minutes, not 59 minutes 40 seconds.

Remember, our offense was incredibly charmed tonight, Leidner's pass to Still, Lingen, KJ's catches.
We could easily have been down 3 TDs as much as in it, but when you're in it, WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, pretty much this. The ending was the most heartbreaking **** ever. I literally almost broke a phone, tablet, and laptop, followed by nearly shedding real tears. It was horrible. But it doesn't change the fact this staff had a genius plan in place and coached it to perfection all week and for 59:41. Those last :19 are pesky.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This!!!!!!! The rest of you are a bunch of morons. Shutup and GO to bed.

You were hoping for more against the best defense in the country?

Did Mitch get bailed out a few times tonight? Sure. Did he also keep the team in the game with exceptional play? Yes.

Seriously, how delusional are some of you fans when it comes to QB play from a college athlete? This isn't the NFL. Mitch was f***ing outstanding tonight. He was very good. Our offense made a top notch defense look pedestrian tonight, and Mitch was the main reason. Open your eyes.

You don't think he was extremely lucky tonight? If he threw the pass that ended up being a td to where it belonged (as he threw off his back foot), it was a pick. The long play to the TE, should have been a pick. The missed TE over the middle when we went to Mayes (shown on replay by ESPN) was a big miss. Not knowing when to get the team ready and snap, that's the QB. Not finding a way to win when they call your number, that's the QB. Sorry. I think he's the best we have, so he should start, but I think he's in the bottom 20% of starting QB's in FBS.

You don't think he was extremely lucky tonight? If he threw the pass that ended up being a td to where it belonged (as he threw off his back foot), it was a pick. The long play to the TE, should have been a pick. The missed TE over the middle when we went to Mayes (shown on replay by ESPN) was a big miss. Not knowing when to get the team ready and snap, that's the QB. Not finding a way to win when they call your number, that's the QB. Sorry. I think he's the best we have, so he should start, but I think he's in the bottom 20% of starting QB's in FBS.

Every college QB misses a few throws. Again I ask, are you expecting Mitch to play like an NFL QB? You're in the wrong league if you are. He threw for 317 yards against a defense that had been giving up 145 before tonight. The end of the game is on the coaching staff. Mitch said postgame he wasn't aware the clock would start. That is completely unacceptable that the QB isn't informed of the rules beforehand by his coaching staff.

Remember, our offense was incredibly charmed tonight, Leidner's pass to Still, Lingen, KJ's catches.
We could easily have been down 3 TDs as much as in it, but when you're in it, WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Our charmed offense could have been even better. 1) Wheel route up the right sideline (no call on Brooks). 2) Peppers climbing all over our receiver's back.

It goes both ways.

Michigan was offsided on that last play by the way.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Michigan was offsided on that last play by the way.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's not offsides, that's every play in the NFL and college. This coaching staff had 3 practices to prepare for a game after Kill's surprise retirement. Let's see how they prepare a full week with without the coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There seemed to be quite a few questionable calls that went Michigan's way tonight

Leidner was incredibly lucky at times tonight, but all in all he played fairly well. The clock mgmt falls on the coach and QB, ultimately the coach. The coaching staff admitted to knowing the clock was winding down and did nothing, which is utterly appalling, and just inexcusable. 19 seconds, no excuse to not get all 4 plays off if that is what you want

Claeys said that clock management has been on him and Kill. Said that it will need to be evaluated this week and he will get some help with it. Maybe the guy calling the offense should be the one that radios down for TO's. Also I hate that we took a TO on the 2 pt conversion of Michigan.

Let's talk about KJ's catches on the last drive. Two slants in which the DB was draped all over him. Leidner threw perfect passes and KJ made great catches. When other teams do this, people say, "Great pass, great catch." We do it and we're "charmed."

On Still's catch, the ball was in the air, he made a nice play to go up and get it. What was charmed about that? We had a WR make a play. We're not accustomed to seeing it much; maybe that's the issue here. We weren't charmed; we made a play.

Let's talk about KJ's catches on the last drive. Two slants in which the DB was draped all over him. Leidner threw perfect passes and KJ made great catches. When other teams do this, people say, "Great pass, great catch." We do it and we're "charmed."

On Still's catch, the ball was in the air, he made a nice play to go up and get it. What was charmed about that? We had a WR make a play. We're not accustomed to seeing it much; maybe that's the issue here. We weren't charmed; we made a play.

Yes

I agree with both. The Still catch is something other teams do all the time. If you see one on one coverage, just throw it up and let the receiver make a play. This has happened a lot against our defense.

That was god awful. How on earth do you let 17 seconds go like that, my goodness.

Top Bottom