Leaving early

Can we stop pretending that Minnesota is the only place this happens?

Did someone say this is the only place this happens? I think the point is it is worse here than MOST places.

I can understand people leaving a weeknight Twins game at 10:30 or 11:00pm when the game isn't close. I don't agree with it, but I understand.

What I'd really like to know is where the people leaving a gopher game at 2:30pm on Saturday afternoon are going? What do they have to get home for?

Your answer can be found on my previous post #21 on this thread.

Welcome to MN fans. They need to get home to make their green Jello. God forbid someone have to wait a few minutes in traffic.

I don't leave early, but I understand why some do. And it happens in a lot of other places, too. I've witnessed it firsthand in Boston, New York, Phoenix, DC, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco and a few I've probably forgot about.
A big part of the problem with college football is that games now are too damn long. With all the tv timeouts and the ridiculously long halftime (the NFL manages to do just fine with only 12 minutes), some people just get tired of being there. And before everyone blames the old people, I see way more 20-30 somethings taking off before it's over than the older crowd. This was especially true in my section yesterday.

I don't leave early, but I understand why some do. And it happens in a lot of other places, too. I've witnessed it firsthand in Boston, New York, Phoenix, DC, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco and a few I've probably forgot about.
A big part of the problem with college football is that games now are too damn long. With all the tv timeouts and the ridiculously long halftime (the NFL manages to do just fine with only 12 minutes), some people just get tired of being there. And before everyone blames the old people, I see way more 20-30 somethings taking off before it's over than the older crowd. This was especially true in my section yesterday.

Although I agree with you that games sometimes are too long, I still don't get it. You're a big enough fan to buy a ticket and take the time to go to the stadium. We play just 12 or 13 games a year. That's it. It's like some people are okay that the game takes up 4 1/2 hours or so of their day, but 5 hours is too long.

Obviously, you buy the ticket, you can do whatever you want. It just doesn't make any sense to me, however.

Maybe the Strib should report on the early-leaving fans like they earlier reported on the low ticket sales. Some of the same posters that criticize the fans for leaving early will suddenly say that the Strib is making stuff up.

Did someone say this is the only place this happens? I think the point is it is worse here than MOST places.
Some of you must not go to games in other states....it's just a bad. Funny how you want to make it a Minnesota thing.

I couldn't believe how many people were leaving early. Your team is playing pretty well and it is still far from being a win. Even if it is a win ... stay and celebrate. It not as if we should be used to it. Section 142 was clearing out quickly shortly into the 4th quarter. So what if you save 15-20 minutes on your escape from the stadium. Stay and have fun .... support your team.

give it a rest, not many gopher fans are the die hards and to be honest getting gopher fans to hw up for the first quarter hs been a chore in itself. quit bitching cause its not the way "you would do it." im so sick of people complaining about attendance and then starting these juvenile pissing matches about it. we are 3-0 lets focus on that

give it a rest, not many gopher fans are the die hards and to be honest getting gopher fans to hw up for the first quarter hs been a chore in itself. quit bitching cause its not the way "you would do it." im so sick of people complaining about attendance and then starting these juvenile pissing matches about it. we are 3-0 lets focus on that
4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Seriously. So much of this board is talking about anything but football. Do the fans show up, do they stand up, do they leave early, do they show up on time, what the uniforms look like, what some columnist said, how long the lines are for beer, etc.

I get some of that talk some of the time, it just seems way out of proportion.

Give it a rest yourself. I think it stinks that folks leave early. I don't really give a rip about what you say. So quit getting in a pissing match about people getting in a pissing match. What an idiot.

The ones that really pissed me off wore maroon and left early.

There ought to be a law....

I will leave my seat early, but I usually stand behind the top row of the lower deck until "Hail Minnesota" is sung.

Then I leave.

Seriously. So much of this board is talking about anything but football. Do the fans show up, do they stand up, do they leave early, do they show up on time, what the uniforms look like, what some columnist said, how long the lines are for beer, etc.

I get some of that talk some of the time, it just seems way out of proportion.
And that's your opinion.....Mine is just leave of you don't like it.

Top Bottom