Leaving Early for NFL wish list

CTgopher14

Reaction score
For those of you who follow things quite closely, when you look at the 12 opponents on the 2020 schedule, is there a list of players we should all be hoping leave early from these squads and take their talents to the NFL? All the announcements are starting to hit and I’m interested in following what could really help us next year. For example, i assume we would all prefer Mr Taylor at Wisconsin to be playing on Sundays next year. So what’s the detailed analysis, I know one of you has a list. Thanks.

Epenesa from Iowa #1AAAAA choice to go
Taylor, WI
Dobbins, OSU even though Gophs don't play them in 2020
Pair of junior O Linemen at WI and IA (Biadasz and Wirfs)

Dobbins already declared. I am certain Taylor will go as well.

Epenesa from Iowa #1AAAAA choice to go
Taylor, WI
Dobbins, OSU even though Gophs don't play them in 2020
Pair of junior O Linemen at WI and IA (Biadasz and Wirfs)
Ok thank you, it would appear highly likely that all 5 will be leaving school early according to the little I’ve just read, great , thx

IMHO, Epenesa was the difference between the Gophers playing in the Outback Bowl vs the Rose Bowl. I will be supremely happy if we don't see his face in the lineup again.

The physical beat down of Auburn is a nice consolation prize.

The environment and tradition is certianly superior in Pasadena.

Beating Auburn is superior to beating Oregon.

More good news....

Good college receiver. Not great. Good. Surprised he's leaving early when it's been mentioned how deep this year's WR draft will be. I can't imagine him being taken earlier than the 5-6th round IMO. Though I doubt Matt Millder will post anything on Twitter about "character issues".

Surprised he's leaving early when it's been mentioned how deep this year's WR draft will be.
Guessing it has a lot to do with wanting to get out of Madison. As supportive as the football program has been of him, there has to be a lot of negativity directed towards him as well.

Good college receiver. Not great. Good. Surprised he's leaving early when it's been mentioned how deep this year's WR draft will be. I can't imagine him being taken earlier than the 5-6th round IMO. Though I doubt Matt Millder will post anything on Twitter about "character issues".

I wonder how often "this year's X crop is deep" really plays a part?

I'm sure some do.

But it's really easy to say that someone stayed because of other guys in the draft, but it's hardly ever something that is easy to confirm.

Guessing it has a lot to do with wanting to get out of Madison. As supportive as the football program has been of him, there has to be a lot of negativity directed towards him as well.
he also looked like a stud against Oregon on a night his QB was terrible and no one else could get open. Might be a strike while the iron is hot moment

he also looked like a stud against Oregon on a night his QB was terrible and no one else could get open. Might be a strike while the iron is hot moment

Wisc also left him one on one vs. Illinois and ignored him... like if they are going to do that, gotta wonder how much draft stock improving you can do.

I imagine it was partially motivated by having to play for a Wisconsin team that doesn't have JT to take attention away ;)

Nice! This one was on my wish list. Not sure how Wisky replaces him.

Kind of interesting, Wisconsin losing their top RB and WR and when you look at their roster the replacements are not obvious. On the flip side we are losing our top RB and one of the best receivers at MN all time and there is almost no doubt at all about how good our skill positions will be next year.

One of the first times I can remember in a while where Wisconsin is losing their top RB and the heir apparent is not obvious. Usually when one stud back goes the next guy is ready and waiting. Taylor was such a huge part of that offense, nobody else really had a chance to shine at all. Will be interesting to see what they bring to the table next year. Given their run of good running backs I assume they have someone waiting but time will tell.

Kind of interesting, Wisconsin losing their top RB and WR and when you look at their roster the replacements are not obvious. On the flip side we are losing our top RB and one of the best receivers at MN all time and there is almost no doubt at all about how good our skill positions will be next year.

One of the first times I can remember in a while where Wisconsin is losing their top RB and the heir apparent is not obvious. Usually when one stud back goes the next guy is ready and waiting. Taylor was such a huge part of that offense, nobody else really had a chance to shine at all. Will be interesting to see what they bring to the table next year. Given their run of good running backs I assume they have someone waiting but time will tell.

They just got a commitment this weekend from a 4* running back out of New Jersey. Don’t know how good he really is or if he would be ready to step in as a Freshman. He played in some all star game this weekend and committed at the game.

MSU wide receiver Cody White had 66 catches for 922 yards, 6 TDs...he is weighing options.

For offensive starters, Sparty loses QB Lewerke, WR Stewart to graduation.

On defense, they lose starters Willekes (DE), Panasiuk, (DT), Williams (DT), Bachie (LB), Thomas (LB), Scott (CB), Butler (CB), Dowell (FS). Also punter Hartberger.

We play Sparty October 31 in East Lansing...game 9...we will be coming off at MD, at WI, MI, at IL...they will be coming off at IA, Mich, OSU, at IN...they play NW, at BYU, Toledo, Canes to open...we play FAU, TN Tech, IA, BYU all at TCF to open...both Sparty and Gophs have no bye until Nov...

Iowa has tough crossover in October with MSU, then OSU and PSU in back-to-back weeks on the road.
Guess I would hope OSU and PSU would not lose as many guys early, and pick up good grad transfers/not lose grad transfers, and MSU and MICH would lose a lot to NFL, not pick up good grad transfers/lose grad transfers.

Michigan center Ruiz announced he is going as has versatile Donovan-People Jones.

Michigan's Nico Collins, one of their top WRs has said he is coming back...

starting Wolverine corner Ambry Thomas is weighing options...few others maybe...

Michigan just announced a top 200 CB signing at one of prep all-star games....

we play them here week 7...they open in Seattle vs UW...we get them after they will have played Badgers, Nittanys, at MSU.

win Floyd here vs Iowa week 3, win Axe at Camp Randall week 6, win here for Jug week 7 seems very doable more you look at things...

How good are our young defensive players and how fast can we get them game ready?

How good are our rising WRs?

Can we get a kicker and some K/P coverage?

Last edited:

Rooting for the competition to lose talent? I don't get it. We have a weak non conference and fairly soft big10 schedule. I want those teams we play to be good. We shouldn't shy away from good competion. The days of being scared to play North Carolina are behind us.

Rooting for the competition to lose talent? I don't get it. We have a weak non conference and fairly soft big10 schedule. I want those teams we play to be good. We shouldn't shy away from good competion. The days of being scared to play North Carolina are behind us.

I just want to beat them. I hope Wisconsin and Iowa lose everyone to the flu (not a violent one, but just too uncomfortable to play football for the year).

Our non conference isn’t that weak. FAU is coming off a nice year, although I think they get worse. BYU is not weak, ask Wisconsin, they lost to BYU two years back. The competition is plenty tough even if they lose some players, I’m hoping they all lose as much talent as possible.

Geno Stone has declared from Hawkeyes...safety who knocked Johnson to ground by goal line on 4th down slant and got PJ pissed...physical safety with speed...watching for DE Epenesa, OL Wirfs, and WR Smith-Marsette to leave Hawkeyes, maybe OL Alaric Jackson.

FAU cornerback James Pierre is leaving early...projected to start for Owls.

Geno Stone has declared from Hawkeyes...safety who knocked Johnson to ground by goal line on 4th down slant and got PJ pissed...physical safety with speed...watching for DE Epenesa, OL Wirfs, and WR Smith-Marsette to leave Hawkeyes, maybe OL Alaric Jackson.
I wouldn't expect Smith-Marsette.

Maryland's top two RBs both declared...Leake and McFarland.

Leake was all Big kick returner as well...he led Maryland with 736 rushing yards, 8 TDs...also 804 KR yards, 3 TDs...explosive with 7.2 yards per carry avg. among best in nation. maryland had two RBs go down with knee injuries and lost another to suspension after a DUI.

Top Bottom