Leach to Miami?

Makes sense as the pirate ship would no longer have to be docked on dry land.

If Leach goes to Miami, I want Mullen. If Mullen goes to Miami, I want Leach.

I actually don't think Miami and Leach would be a perfect fit. I always think that if you are capable of recruiting the best players at every position that you are better served running a traditional/pro style offense. But I suppose Florida was pretty dominant with Spurrier.

Watch Leach get hired somewhere, clean up & start winning...we'll feel very salty if we're in the opposite direction...

Watch Leach get hired somewhere, clean up & start winning...we'll feel very salty if we're in the opposite direction...

No. We will pat ourselves on the back and say we are doing it "The Right Way". and then celebrate the great turn around as we prepare for the Insight bowl. We will shake our heads and try to understand why Miami would be willing to sell out just for a chance to win a National Championship.

They just don't understand what a great feeling it is to do things the "Right Way". Pity them.

I'll never understand the Mike Leach hype on this board.

+1000*1000

I must have missed all of those national championships he won in the ten years he was at Tech. How many times did his team finish the year even in the top ten? I believe the correct answer is zero. Yet some people want to act like his is the surest thing as the sun rising, in spite of his faults. A good coach but no reason to think he is Vince Lombardi.

Would be a good match, though not sure Donna would go for it. Just so we don't end up with the fired Miami coach.

It might have something to do with the fact that he took over a program that was a bottom 5 BCS conference program (With Baylor, Vandy, and honestly nobody else was clearly below them at the time) and went on to have a career in which he only finished under .500 once in conference play.
He did it with the worst facilities in the conference.
He did it at what was at the time the the 5th most prestigious football program in the state of Texas (behind TCU, Texas, A&M, and Houston (in no order)).

ESPECIALLY those that were against him. I will not be surprised to see this happen.

I wonder if Leach would work for Shalala. She is no pushover.

+1000*1000

I must have missed all of those national championships he won in the ten years he was at Tech. How many times did his team finish the year even in the top ten? I believe the correct answer is zero. Yet some people want to act like his is the surest thing as the sun rising, in spite of his faults. A good coach but no reason to think he is Vince Lombardi.

I would ask who had heard of Texas Tech before he brought them to prominence?

Top Bottom