LEACH OR BUST!!!

Get some bleach! There is mold on this story!!!

Let it go, man. Leach is not coming here, so just let it go. Why continue to torture yourself?

Let it go, man. Leach is not coming here, so just let it go. Why continue to torture yourself?

Because I feel like we're really missing the boat here. I love this program so much and I hope to god I'm wrong but I just feel lik we have stability, experience, excitement and success sitting right in front of us for the taking and we're gonna pass for some less proven mid-major coach. I really truly feel Leach would be the program changer we're all looking for.

It if fine to feel that way, but please realize IT IS NOT HAPPENING.

Because I feel like we're really missing the boat here. I love this program so much and I hope to god I'm wrong but I just feel lik we have stability, experience, excitement and success sitting right in front of us for the taking and we're gonna pass for some less proven mid-major coach. I really truly feel Leach would be the program changer we're all looking for.

I agree completely it is a real shame that we are probably not hiring Leach.
________
Volvo V70 Picture

I agree we aren't going to get him as well. But here is my prediction:

Leach will go somewhere else and be very successful and everyone will be ticked off because we hired someone that wasn't as good. Hopefully I am wrong, but hey I am a Gopher fan and I know how these things always seem to go. It will be just like when the Gophers could have had Bobby Ross who wanted the job but the players all wanted John Gutekunst so they hired him instead. Ross went on to win a national championship a few years later at Georgia Tech, a place not known for too many football championships and we were left looking for a new coach again 5 years later.

With all that said though, I strongly believe we will get someone this time who has coached before and will be a lot better than the last guy we had.

I agree that he's a great coach and I'd have liked to have seen him here myself, but this is like some kid pining away in some hopeless crush for a girl that he is destined never to be with. So like that kid, you need to realize that there are plenty of other viable fish out there in that great big sea.

The really unfortunate thing is that he pretty much made his own bed, in that by choosing to sue his former employers at Texas Tech, he kind of performed a hara kiri move on his own career, because no possible employer in their right mind wants to deal with that kind of potential problem. If Leach had just bided his time, let the Adam Jones incident fade into the past and let bygones be bygones with Texas Tech, this would be an entirely different story, but by choosing to sue Tech, he's kind of put the scarlet letter upon himself.

That's why ya need to let it go, because the simple reality is that he ain't coming.

Not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that it's possible to write clauses into contracts that restrict the parties' ability to sue in certain circumstances. For example, you can't sue your credit card company, your only option is binding arbitration. He would of course have to agree to this. Or I could be wrong. Where are the gopherhole lawyers?

We are absolutely going to miss the boat on this. Leach will bring some other downtrodden program to previously unrealized glory and we will be looking for a new coach in the not so distant future, judging by the names being leaked. The U keeps making the same mistakes over and over and our 'leadership' won't have the balls to admit that they are passing on the coach with the best resume (and that isn't even close) because they can't stand the heat. I hope I'm wrong and Richt is on the way, but Hoke, Calhoun, and Golden's resumes and accomplishments look like grad assistants compared to Leach.

Not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that it's possible to write clauses into contracts that restrict the parties' ability to sue in certain circumstances. For example, you can't sue your credit card company, your only option is binding arbitration. He would of course have to agree to this. Or I could be wrong. Where are the gopherhole lawyers?

You are missing the point. The U would not be concerned about getting sued by Leach or any other employee. They are just not going to hire the TYPE OF PERSON who would sue their employer. Leach would still be coaching for Texas Tech if he had apologized to the player as the school requested. After Leach refused to apologize for his actions Texas Tech suspended him for insubordination. Instead of accepting his suspension Leach filed an injunction to have it lifted so he could coach in the Alamo Bowl. That is when Texas Tech fired him and said that there were other undisclosed incidents that they had discovered during their investigation of Leach. The whole story about his time at Texas Tech is apparently not out yet. For these reasons the U and most other DI schools will not give Leach the time of day much less hire him to coach their football team.

I agree that he's a great coach and I'd have liked to have seen him here myself, but this is like some kid pining away in some hopeless crush for a girl that he is destined never to be with. So like that kid, you need to realize that there are plenty of other viable fish out there in that great big sea.

The really unfortunate thing is that he pretty much made his own bed, in that by choosing to sue his former employers at Texas Tech, he kind of performed a hara kiri move on his own career, because no possible employer in their right mind wants to deal with that kind of potential problem. If Leach had just bided his time, let the Adam Jones incident fade into the past and let bygones be bygones with Texas Tech, this would be an entirely different story, but by choosing to sue Tech, he's kind of put the scarlet letter upon himself.

That's why ya need to let it go, because the simple reality is that he ain't coming.

Leach now suing ESPN, want nothing to do with this guy. A PR nightmare, especially if he dosent win.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ke.leach.espn.slander.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

I wanted Leach from the beginning, but does he expect to ever get contacted by a school when he's suing everyone he can, especially the number one sports media outlet in the world? Wouldn't exactly put the gophers in the positive light with them... not that he would anyways with all the other negative PR surrounding him.

I didn't care about all of that until now, if the man can't move on be a bigger man by now, I don't really want him. Part of what your going to have to teach this gopher team is to deal with adversity and overcome it. He clearly can't move on...

If Leach came to the UofM he would be shopping for a higher profile job after the first hint of success, and then we're back to another ride on the coaching carousel.

If Leach came to the UofM he would be shopping for a higher profile job after the first hint of success, and then we're back to another ride on the coaching carousel.

Based on what?

I don't know if thats true. Texas Tech is certainly not a high profile school in Texas. It is behind Texas, Texas A&M and probably TCU now adays. He was there for 10 years or more.

I think Leach just wants to win and win at a high level, it doesn't matter where.

It is time to let this one go, boys.

Leach will not be hired for at least 5 years by anyone that is a BCS school. He will go to a non-BCS school and get some traction, but eventually will fade away. He had his chance and went mental. There's no coming back, I'm afraid.

He will be a CFL coach before he coaches in the NCAA...

You are missing the point. The U would not be concerned about getting sued by Leach or any other employee. They are just not going to hire the TYPE OF PERSON who would sue their employer. Leach would still be coaching for Texas Tech if he had apologized to the player as the school requested. After Leach refused to apologize for his actions Texas Tech suspended him for insubordination. Instead of accepting his suspension Leach filed an injunction to have it lifted so he could coach in the Alamo Bowl. That is when Texas Tech fired him and said that there were other undisclosed incidents that they had discovered during their investigation of Leach. The whole story about his time at Texas Tech is apparently not out yet. For these reasons the U and most other DI schools will not give Leach the time of day much less hire him to coach their football team.

No, they fired him because of the money they were due up to pay him. The James incident was their justification on why he got fired.

BTW, Leach wasn't at fault for the James bit. The kid and his dad are punks, and TTech bowed to the great ESPN beast.

No, they fired him because of the money they were due up to pay him. The James incident was their justification on why he got fired.

BTW, Leach wasn't at fault for the James bit. The kid and his dad are punks, and TTech bowed to the great ESPN beast.

Source?

Did someone else force Leach to make the "Fat little girlfriends" speech, too, and then continue to defend it?

He's a flake and a stubborn flake at that. He could have taken steps to rehab his image and get a job, but instead chooses to sue various people to prove he is "right." In the realm of public perception, there is no right or wrong, just impressions (with the most recent carrying the most weight).

"Did someone else force Leach to make the "Fat little girlfriends" speech, too, and then continue to defend it?"

What was sooo wrong with that? I got what he was saying... I guess my coaches always said non PC stuff all the time. Not a big deal he was sending a message and showing his frustration.

"Did someone else force Leach to make the "Fat little girlfriends" speech, too, and then continue to defend it?"

What was sooo wrong with that? I got what he was saying... I guess my coaches always said non PC stuff all the time. Not a big deal he was sending a message and showing his frustration.

But he didn't say it in the locker room to his players (or maybe he did there, too), he said it at a press conference, where any Head Coach who could think beyond his ego would know it would cause a stir - and not in a good way. Leach consistently shows a lack of judgment in his words and actions, which might be OK for an assistant, but is not what you want in a head coach.

But he didn't say it in the locker room to his players (or maybe he did there, too), he said it at a press conference, where any Head Coach who could think beyond his ego would know it would cause a stir - and not in a good way. Leach consistently shows a lack of judgment in his words and actions, which might be OK for an assistant, but is not what you want in a head coach.

He's a head football coach not a politician. He's not running for president. He's real.

You nailed it.

Source?

Did someone else force Leach to make the "Fat little girlfriends" speech, too, and then continue to defend it?

He's a flake and a stubborn flake at that. He could have taken steps to rehab his image and get a job, but instead chooses to sue various people to prove he is "right." In the realm of public perception, there is no right or wrong, just impressions (with the most recent carrying the most weight).

The more I see of this guy, the clearer it is that he is either exceptionally immature or extremely egomaniacal. He may have been able to channel his mania for a while, but I think that the wheels have finally come off. All he had to do was cooperate in the investigation of the Jame's incident and agree to let the doctors make the call on the treatment of injuries. These are things that he should have been doing anyway. He took this as some sort of personal attack and refused and then when the administration said you cannot refuse to cooperate with your employer, if you do you will be suspended - not fired, suspended - what did he do? He filed suit, naming the president personally, on some legal theory that is still unclear. It is only then that he is fired. What does Leach do? He files another suit. When it is clear that this suit is going nowhere, what does Leach do? He files yet another suit. He is out of control.

Leach was coaching in an environment that was as tolerant of erratic behavior on the part of the head coach as you will find anywhere. (Can you imagine many ADs who have Bob Knight and Leach as his two revenue sport coaches?) The adminstration had stood by him through all his acting out. If he really wanted to continue coaching, all he had to do was cooperate and allow the doctors to control the medical issues. He would have gotten his bonus money and would probably still be employed. Instead he goes all prima donna and throws a tantrum. He either had spent too much time reading his press clippings or was unable to control himself or both.

Either way, if you are the administration at TCU you are no longer going to leave the control of this multi-million dollar operation in the hands of Coach Leach. The amount of legal exposure he created in this one incident is stunning. If you are the administration at any other school, you are not going to put yourself in a position where you have to sit and wait for the inevitable melt down. There are other coaches who can win games who by and large behave like adults.

Top Bottom