Lawrence McKenzie to NBA D-League

Reaction score
I think Lawrence played overseas this last year.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3788828

EL SEGUNDO, CA - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired guard Lawrence McKenzie and waived center Longar Longar due to injury, it was announced today. The active roster now stands at 11. McKenzie, a 6-2 guard, finished his collegiate career at the University of Minnesota after spending two seasons at the University of Oklahoma. With the Golden Gophers, McKenzie averaged 13.3 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists from 2006-08.

The NBA Development League, founded in 2001, is the NBA's official minor league and features 16 teams with direct affiliations to NBA teams for the 2008-09 season. An expansion team will begin play in Portland, Maine for the 2009-10 season. Sixty former NBA Development League players were on 2008-09 NBA start-of-season rosters, and the league continues to develop current NBA coaches and referees. In fostering the league's connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote youth basketball, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA D-League Cares programs. The NBA D-League also advances the game of basketball as the research and development arm of the NBA. Throughout this season fans can watch all NBA D-League games on NBA Futurecast, the free live Web-streaming initiative found at nba.com/futurecast.

Longar Longar

Wasn't Longar Longar a local Minnesota kid? Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with someone else, but I thought he was from Minnesota.

Top Bottom