Latraveon McCutchin commits!

PJ has found a few guys before they blew up. Hopefully he's another one and they hang on to him!

"I spoke with defensive coordinator Joe Rossi about the offer, and he was basically telling me that he doesn't understand how I don't have many more power-five offers, but that he wasn't scared to pull the trigger and take a chance on me," McCutchin explained. "He also added that after he offered me, I would be getting many more offers and he didn't want me to stop contacting them when they do come in. I respect him a lot for that. When he offered me, I had butterflies in my stomach for the rest of the day. I feel like since they were the first power-five school to take a chance on me, I'll ALWAYS keep in contact with them throughout the recruiting process. I have a ton of respect for Joe Rossi."

Interesting family.

As a little kid, his older brother was one of the featured players on Friday Night Tykes (reality show about youth football) who turned into one of the best CBs in the country. He then committed to Oklahoma - - and has since left with Lincoln Riley to USC.

Last edited:

"I feel like since they were the first power-five school to take a chance on me, I'll ALWAYS keep in contact with them throughout the recruiting process."

Curious quote.

"I feel like since they were the first power-five school to take a chance on me, I'll ALWAYS keep in contact with them throughout the recruiting process."

Curious quote.
Weird that he's committed but still talking about the recruiting process?

Curious quote.
Weird that he's committed but still talking about the recruiting process?
Key part from the article:

Here's some of what McCutchin told GopherIllustrated following his Minnesota offer this spring.

Interesting family.

As a little kid, his older brother was one of the featured players on Friday Night Tykes (reality show about youth football) who turned into one of the best CBs in the country. He then committed to Oklahoma - - and has since left with Lincoln Riley to USC.

Lucas Coley went to Arkansas, but Tadion Lott and Myzel Miller were the two stars of the early season but neither got to be real big. Myzel was unstoppable then, but only 5'7" now.

Interesting family.

Great info and speaks well for our recruit.

Curious quote.
I think that quote was from before he committed.

He's impressive....question is, can he put on 25-30 pounds to be a B10 linebacker???

Top Bottom