Late Arriving Students!

Iceland12

Reaction score
Sound familiar? Makes everyone pretty mad. Oh, it's a Madison not TCF. From ESPN Stock Report Week 7

"Wisconsin's student attendance: There were huge swaths of empty seats in the student section at Camp Randall on Saturday against Illinois. Where were all the students? (And don't say studying). The game was a 2:30 p.m. local time kick, so too much partying the night before could not be used as an excuse. "

This is from Today's Big Ten Mailbag:

Jim from Alexandria, Va., writes: In your B1G stock report this week you called out the Wisconsin students for showing up late to the game. This is nothing new and was standard when I went to school there during the Ron Dayne era. I don't disagree that the late start should mean they could be there on time. But your comment -- "The game was a 2:30 p.m. local time kick, so too much partying the night before could not be used as an excuse" -- confirms the fact that you have never partied in Madison...at least, not "truly" partied.

Brian Bennett: I had a pretty good time in Madison this spring, Jim. I'd buy your argument if it were an 11 a.m. kick, but there's no excuse for not being recovered by 2 p.m. when you're a spry college student. Plus, the Badgers only have seven home games this year. Pace yourself,

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/61518/big-ten-thursday-mailbag-57

Top Bottom