Last night in Iowa City

maliksealy

Reaction score
I was in Iowa City for the Iowa/Pitt game yesterday visiting my friends from college who are Iowa fans. We tailgated near the stadium in the morning and had a great time. I was proudly wearing my gray Nike Golden Gopher football t-shirt. Nobody harassed me the entire morning and I had a great time with Iowa faithful. Lots of the knowledgable fans were very curious about Coach Kill and his health. They asked a lot of questions to me asking what I thought about his coaching abilities and if he would be good for the program.

In the evening, a bunch us went out to TCB (The College Bar) and ran into a couple unruly Hawk fans. My friend was playing a shuffleboard game and got into an argument with one of them, and then he saw my shirt. He approaches me and says, "Real nice quality win over Miami, Ohio". I responded, "Yes it was, thank you very much." He says, "No, really, real nice quality win" in a very sarcastic tone, much the same as the first time he said it. I was so close to decking his drunk ass to the ground, but I didn't want to get arrested. Anyways, got over that and got sauced up and had a good time.

Go Gophs

They get really bold after a win. Had they lost, he'd have avoided any conflict.

Very insecure people down there. In addition they can wear a Hawkeye shirt here or something, but we can't down there. No
doubt they have issues.

You should have answered that it was only slightly more quality than the Gopher's previous win.

I was in Iowa City for the Iowa/Pitt game yesterday visiting my friends from college who are Iowa fans. We tailgated near the stadium in the morning and had a great time. I was proudly wearing my gray Nike Golden Gopher football t-shirt. Nobody harassed me the entire morning and I had a great time with Iowa faithful. Lots of the knowledgable fans were very curious about Coach Kill and his health. They asked a lot of questions to me asking what I thought about his coaching abilities and if he would be good for the program.

In the evening, a bunch us went out to TCB (The College Bar) and ran into a couple unruly Hawk fans. My friend was playing a shuffleboard game and got into an argument with one of them, and then he saw my shirt. He approaches me and says, "Real nice quality win over Miami, Ohio". I responded, "Yes it was, thank you very much." He says, "No, really, real nice quality win" in a very sarcastic tone, much the same as the first time he said it. I was so close to decking his drunk ass to the ground, but I didn't want to get arrested. Anyways, got over that and got sauced up and had a good time.

Go Gophs

My B-inlaw went to Iowa and we were at the last game Hayden fry coached at the dome, Gophers won 40 something to 7. We were sitting in a mostly Iowa section and it seemed me and one other Gopher fan were in that section and him and I were standing and yelling on every touchdown, with my B-inlaw and every other Iowa fan just sitting there and taking it, it was great!!

Great point, I'm sure he was too drunk to make the correlation.

After living in Iowa City for 3 years. I learned a few things.
1. Hawkeye fans are both ends of the spectrum. Either they are informative and fans of college football or they are complete dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s.
2. The dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#s are abundant and the informed are few and far between.
3. They get really, really drunk at a minimum Thursday through Sunday. $1 pitchers of beer will do that.
4. The bar that used to be known as 3rd Base won't let you in if you are wearing a plain white t-shirt. True story.

Go Gophs

Should've stuck a barstool leg in his eyesocket.

Should have asked him who has the Cy-Hawk trophy (or whatever is standing in for that inbred family statue until they get a new one).

I'll take the Hawkeye faithful over Bucky and his crowd anyday.

Top Bottom