Larry Kehres - Head Coach Mount Union University

optionqb1

Reaction score
Since the coaching search is not going as planned and Maturi is determined to hire someone with head coaching experience; has the UofM considered Larry Kehres - Head Coach Mount Union University?

139-5 Record from 2000 - 2010

10 NCAA Division III National Championships
(1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008).

How do you know the coaching search isn't going as planned?

Go Gophers!!

That was my exact thought...Maturi might actually pleasantly surprise us.

I shouldn't dignify this with a response but I will.

Ignoring everything about the enormous differences between D3 football and D1 football, the man is 61 and is the Joe Paterno of Mount Union. He is from the area, played there and has coached there since the mid 70s.

Short of requests for UMD guy this is the dumbest thing said on this board.

If they win this week and St. Thomas wins, we can all go scout him at St. Thomas on the 11th of Dec.

One of the main reasons Mount Union wins so much is because they have a lot of Division 1 athletes on their team, guys that were dismissed from other Division 1 programs for either academics, off the field issues, etc. He would not be able to recruit a lineup full of castoffs here.

The coaching search isn't going as planned!?! Oh no. This is bad news. When did Maturi tell you this? You got an exclusive with Maturi and the rest of the media is clawing around speculating because Maturi hasn't been talking in public or to reporters.

As far as the other part... Gagliardi has more wins than anyone in college football. Why stop at suggesting a 60 year old career division III coach from Ohio when you can get a guy from Minnesota with even a BIGGER name?

Gotta stand up for my alma mater here. Augsburg Head Coach Frank Haege's winning percentage as an Arena League coach is higher than Mike Hohensee's. Of course, it was in Arena League 2 (I never knew there was such a thing). He was 37-1 as the Head Coach of the Quad City Steamwheelers!

Seriously, let's be patient.

Top Bottom