Lane Kiffin

MDGopherFan

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, but Lane Kiffin is interviewing for the Alabama offensive coordinator position. Perhaps he is a better coordinator than a head coach but this guy has proven a failure as a head coach. Seems that isn't sufficient to keep him landing good gigs though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this has been posted, but Lane Kiffin is interviewing for the Alabama offensive coordinator position. Perhaps he is a better coordinator than a head coach but this guy has proven a failure as a head coach. Seems that isn't sufficient to keep him landing good gigs though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Be careful with the word failure. He's been fired from one position, and it was a top 5 job with astronomical expectations. That said, he has been a jacka$$ everywhere he's gone, but he's young. He'll get another chance and here's hoping his big scoop of humble pie teaches him something.

Be careful with the word failure. He's been fired from one position, and it was a top 5 job with astronomical expectations. That said, he has been a jacka$$ everywhere he's gone, but he's young. He'll get another chance and here's hoping his big scoop of humble pie teaches him something.

He was fired from the Oakland Raiders as well.

it's a message board and therefore my post represents my opinion, and my opinion is he has not proven himself sufficiently capable of being a successful head coach, regardless of whether the job is a top 5 gig or a top 50 gig. Until he proves otherwise, my opinion stands. I agree with you on one thing, he is a complete horse's arse and deserves every bite of the humble pie he is eating.

He was fired from the Oakland Raiders as well.

Of course, he was hired and fired by a delusional guy who should have been out of football for a decade when the decision to hire Kiffin was made.

Kiffin needs to grow up and as others have pointed out, his lack of maturity has proven a major stumbling block for him. But at 38 years old, he's still young enough to rehabilitate himself. Working for Saban would likely help him a ton. Like Saban or not, he really runs a great program.

But at 38 years old, he's still young enough to rehabilitate himself.

A tiger can't change it's stripes. He was a jackass in high school, and he is a jackass now. There is no evidence he won't be a jackass in 10, 20, or 30 years.

A tiger can't change it's stripes. He was a jackass in high school, and he is a jackass now. There is no evidence he won't be a jackass in 10, 20, or 30 years.

As an alcoholic who has been dry for 30 years, I disagree with you.

Looks like it is official that he will be the Alabama OC.

it's a message board and therefore my post represents my opinion, and my opinion is he has not proven himself sufficiently capable of being a successful head coach, regardless of whether the job is a top 5 gig or a top 50 gig. Until he proves otherwise, my opinion stands. I agree with you on one thing, he is a complete horse's arse and deserves every bite of the humble pie he is eating.

You are right. He is an arse and a failure.

You are right. He is an arse and a failure.

He's 38 years old and has been a head coach in the NFL and two of the top college programs. He's probably worth seven figures and his wife is a smoke show.
If only I were such a failure.
He is an arse, though.

Wow - Gregg Doyel tees off:

Lane Kiffin, Kyle Shanahan: Daddy's Boys keep falling forward

Lane Kiffin is the mirage that won't go away, and now he's vaporized out of thin air to become the new offensive coordinator at Alabama.

It's offensive, the way this guy gets great job after great job, and the same goes for Kyle Shanahan, the second most notorious Daddy's Boy in football coaching. (Hey, Lane, you're No. 1; and that's not my index finger I'm raising.) On the same day Kiffin was announced as the offensive coordinator at one of the best football schools in America, Kyle Shanahan interviewed for the offensive coordinator position with the Dolphins.

It's disappointing, disheartening, even disgusting that people like Kiffin and Shanahan continue to find open doors and welcome mats after spectacular failure, when good men -- men who didn't climb onto Daddy's back for their start in the football business, or any business -- sit by the wayside, either unemployed or underemployed because they don't have a father who was better at their job than they ever will be.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wr...yle-shanahan-daddys-boys-keep-falling-forward

Go Gophers!!

He's 38 years old and has been a head coach in the NFL and two of the top college programs. He's probably worth seven figures and his wife is a smoke show.
If only I were such a failure.
He is an arse, though.

Didn't know I had to be more specific on a football forum & coaches thread. I was saying he has failed at every major COACHING position he has had (IMO), not that he had failed at life. Didn't mean to confuse you.

Say what u will about Kiffin but he is without a doubt one of the top recruiters in the nation. The rich just keep getting richer. The only surprising thing to me is that he was unemployed as long as he was. Saban is no dummy. With Malzahn emerging at Auburn he will need more help on the recruiting trail. Kiffin is probably being brought in for the help he can provide there rather than what he can add to the offense.

The one thing that I will hate about this hire is that he will be poaching top MN recruits from his old backyard.

Alabama Hires Lane Kiffin as NCAA Violation Coordinator

Alabama athletic director Bill Battle pre-emptively notified the NCAA of forthcoming violations.

“Today our compliance department notified the NCAA that they can expect at least four major recruiting violations and up to two dozen secondary violations this summer,” Battle said. “We are already in the process of self-imposing sanctions for the 2014 season.”

“Winning never gets old, but it can get boring,” Saban said. “I think we all welcome the loss of a few scholarships, if only to make things a bit more interesting.”

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/alabama-hires-lane-kiffin-ncaa-violation-coordinator/

Nevermind I now see this is a hoax site. *bag*

I hope Lane has a very long and disappointing career at Alabama.

Saban and Kiffin each have such enormous egos I betting there's a blowup at some point. Let's just say Alabama is living during an interesting time.

Say what u will about Kiffin but he is without a doubt one of the top recruiters in the nation. The rich just keep getting richer. The only surprising thing to me is that he was unemployed as long as he was. Saban is no dummy. With Malzahn emerging at Auburn he will need more help on the recruiting trail. Kiffin is probably being brought in for the help he can provide there rather than what he can add to the offense.

A great recruiter- undoubtedly. However, the asset of recruiting will be offset by the ineptitude at running an offense. With 4* and 5* athletes across the board at USC he couldn't even score enough points to beat Washington State- at home.

Top Bottom