LaFontaine returning

This is enormous. If somehow we keep Ranta and all of the defenseman, this is arguably the best returning roster in the country.

Great news. Now as the old marketing adage goes "Under promise and over deliver" boys!

Excellent. Wants to win a championship. Great sign for next year.

May I ask a question?

LaFontain did not look particularly elite in the NCAA tournament. Was that purely due to poor defense around him or was he inferior to a few other goalies (ie Mankato)?

Every other college goalie in the country might be inferior to Mankato's goalie.
Thanks. I'm a casual fan, only catching games when they were on BTN. I saw LaFontain in B1G games and he looked good. But then there were games like the Wisconsin series where we got blown out. I saw him as a Honey Baker candidate, but that Mankato game was ugly and lopsided. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks. I'm a casual fan, only catching games when they were on BTN. I saw LaFontain in B1G games and he looked good. But then there were games like the Wisconsin series where we got blown out. I saw him as a Honey Baker candidate, but that Mankato game was ugly and lopsided. I appreciate your feedback.
Lafontaine has been susceptible to soft goals during most of his gopher career, but he cut those way down this year while also making some huge saves. You're definitely not wrong that he had some bad games (including against MSU), but this year his good outweighed his bad. Happy to have him back for more.

Top Bottom