Lack of Playmakers will put us into the NIT

akoch6767

Reaction score
After watching this game I have now came to the conclusion that there is not one playmaker on this gophers team. No one guy can step up and hit the big jump shot that could get the team going. Trevor is the only guy that even comes close to being a playmaker...I see him more as a hustle/garbage bucket big man who plays with a lot of enthusiasm out there, but could not hit a big shot for us to gain momentum. ESPN analyists have said this before including the legendary coach Bob Knight, and now I just have to agree. This team does face a large amount of adversity once again this season, but come on! I could not rip on Colt, or Rodney anymore than ever tonight. Not one of those two guys have done anything this season, and it will likely continue as we move on. Hollins is a Freshman, and looks good at times out there, but some of those wide open shots were hard to watch.

As we move through the rest of the schedule we will likely have a good chance of winning the games. We will almost certainly win the games if someone can step it up and make some big plays...hit a big shot or two to get the fire back in the belly. The question is...Who's it gonna be?

Chip is the only player on the team who is able to create anything with dribble penetration, but he doesn't have a jumpshot, so....

Exactly...Three pointers are a key nowadays. I hardly count Rodney's three point shot a shot at at all. Nobody but Blake hit one...or even came close for that matter.

After watching this game I have now came to the conclusion that there is not one playmaker on this gophers team. No one guy can step up and hit the big jump shot that could get the team going. Trevor is the only guy that even comes close to being a playmaker...I see him more as a hustle/garbage bucket big man who plays with a lot of enthusiasm out there, but could not hit a big shot for us to gain momentum. ESPN analyists have said this before including the legendary coach Bob Knight, and now I just have to agree. This team does face a large amount of adversity once again this season, but come on! I could not rip on Colt, or Rodney anymore than ever tonight. Not one of those two guys have done anything this season, and it will likely continue as we move on. Hollins is a Freshman, and looks good at times out there, but some of those wide open shots were hard to watch.

As we move through the rest of the schedule we will likely have a good chance of winning the games. We will almost certainly win the games if someone can step it up and make some big plays...hit a big shot or two to get the fire back in the belly. The question is...Who's it gonna be?

"No one guy can step up and hit the big jump shot that could get the team going."--

i agree.. i was wrong with the previous thread i started about "no fight".... maybe what I meant to say was how you put it above.... in other words, we don't have that guy with killer instinct right now that we can rely on all the time... Ralph is inconsistent... sometimes he's on, sometimes no... Blake had that the ability to take over a game before Al got injured sometimes I think now our best chance is trevor.... maybe we need to just drive our offense even more blatently through trever... he'll get 20 pts and 20 boards at some point if we do that... .unfortunately as everyone is pointing out, we are missing seasoned guards...it would be nice to have a bobby jackson type player on this squad again... maybe andre hollin will work into that role starting next year?

I'm hoping that we can find that guy this year, but the nobody seems to be able to produce at all. I do not want to hate on chip. I think he is our best and most promising freshman...

Top Bottom