Kyle Henderson

victor04

Reaction score
Can we please show some love to this impressive young man?
I mean look at his stat sheet with the Forced Fumble, the sack, and 9 tackles. And Most importantly, I still can barely believe it, but this guy is a walk on transfer from Mankato State!

A thread for him was needed, after his great day today. Congrats to the many others as well

I posted a thread on him last week. The guy is playing really good.

He had the play of the game that made the rest of the "plays of the game" possible. Needed someone to make a play on defense and he did.

Agreed! Kyle has been making plays since he has been here. Unfortunately but understandably it goes unnoticed when you lose. He is one of the more physical corners in the conference.

Kyle Henderson has constantly been standing out, even on the games where he has struggled. The thread last week was about how tough the kid was playing and how hard he was playing, it's not a surprise that a kid playing that tough starts making the plays that he had been barely missing on a week ago.

Guys like Kyle are 100% what this program needs. A kid from the state, who isn't recruited very well, who wants to go to the U works his butt off and becomes one of the biggest reasons why the pig is staying home.

What a stick on that CB blitz to force the fumble!!! When was the last time we saw one of our DB's knife through and explode a play like that??

He never gives up on a play, including all the great plays him and Royston (who also had a great game, 16 tackles I think, and he recovered the onside kick) were the ones who didn't give up and chased Coker down on his long run.

Definitely a guy who's worked his way to get his time. And he seems to make quality plays every game. He's helped to negate some of the void of losing Stoudermire.

Kyle Henderson has constantly been standing out, even on the games where he has struggled. The thread last week was about how tough the kid was playing and how hard he was playing, it's not a surprise that a kid playing that tough starts making the plays that he had been barely missing on a week ago.

Guys like Kyle are 100% what this program needs. A kid from the state, who isn't recruited very well, who wants to go to the U works his butt off and becomes one of the biggest reasons why the pig is staying home.

AGREED!!!
I've been arguing this for years, including through the "good" recruiting classes of Brewster, that what they really need are kids who bleed Maroon and Gold.

Here's the scoop on this player. From what I've heard, Henderson always wanted to go to the U, but never got an offer, even to walk-on. He was a RB and Co-MVP along with David Gilreath on a HS team that only won 2 games their Senior year. Kyle's grandfather played with Jim Wacker at Valpo and then got his masters from the U of M. Kyle's dad's childhood home was on 16th ave and 6th street, right where the Nagurski complex is now. Kyle lives in North Minneapolis, but attended Armstrong. Kyle's day told me that Kyle would pass by TCF stadium while it was being built, and declare he was going to play there. After the Spring game at Mankato he applied to the U and got accepted, then left Mankato. He then called the U's athletic dept. to ask how to try out for the team. With raised eyebrows "I'm sure" they told him to send a tape. The rest is history. By the way, when was the last time three kids from inner city Minneapolis were on the field at the same time for the Gophers. Royston, Henderson and Hageman.

Top Bottom