Ky thomas

His highlights remind me a ton of Laurence Maroney's highlights when he was coming out of high school. He probably doesn't have the top end speed Maroney did but there are so many times on the video where the defender clearly has an angle on him yet somehow he manages to speed up enough to get by.

Really excited to see what this kid can do in college. Hopefully his video game stats translate to the next level.

His highlights remind me a ton of Laurence Maroney's highlights when he was coming out of high school. He probably doesn't have the top end speed Maroney did but there are so many times on the video where the defender clearly has an angle on him yet somehow he manages to speed up enough to get by.

Really excited to see what this kid can do in college. Hopefully his video game stats translate to the next level.

He's an early enrollee. He will be here in a few weeks. He can start lifting and getting ready.

I think he will play as a freshman.

I love the crushing blocks that he included. Absolutely laid those kids out.

There are so many plays where the opponents are left grabbing for air when it looks like they should be able to make the tackle, and other plays where he just runs them over.

He may not have elite speed, but it also seems like he runs as fast as he needs to, with the ability to kick in another gear. A play that stood out is a deep pass route where he quickly separated from the defender, at the last moment, to catch a ball that was probably overthrown a bit.

Dude has unbelievable balance and vision, and he’s slippery af. Someone compared him to Barry Sanders a few weeks ago, but I think Emmitt Smith is a more accurate comp.

His balance and ability to leave defenders grabbing air is unbelievable. He doesn't look fast on film, but he is certainly blowing past his opponents so there is speed there.

I'm so excited for him, easily the most hype on him in the class.

will for sure be interesting to see if he will get steady playing time as a freshman.
Ibraham should see the bulk of the carries. but I hope they continue to mix in fresh legs all year as well.
Williams showed some great promise as a true freshman. and we will also have potts and Wiley as well.
its always nice to have guys redshirt but if hes ready lets roll

I don’t care how fast you are. When no one can catch you—you’re fast.

My uncle coached running backs in D1 and in the NFL for most of his life. A few of the backs he coached (including one mentioned in this thread) weren’t the fastest but he said they never got caught in practice or games. Something to be said about game speed.

I don’t care how fast you are. When no one can catch you—you’re fast.

My uncle coached running backs in D1 and in the NFL for most of his life. A few of the backs he coached (including one mentioned in this thread) weren’t the fastest but he said they never got caught in practice or games. Something to be said about game speed.
McCaffrey is a good example.

McCaffrey is a good example.

yeah, he plods along out there with his 4.48 speed.

edit - Dalvin Cook ran a 4.49 for comparison. So other than assumptions based on skin color how exactly is McCaffery a good example? He isn’t a burner but is still one of the faster RB in the NFL

Last edited:

2019 combine RB 40 times....

Justice Hill, Oklahoma State, 4.40
Ryquell Armstead, Temple, 4.45
Jordan Scarlett, Florida, 4.47
Mike Weber, Ohio State, 4.47
Travis Homer, Miami, 4.48
Darrell Henderson, Memphis, 4.49
Karan Higdon, Michigan, 4.49
Miles Sanders, Penn State, 4.49
Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M, 4.51
Tony Pollard, Memphis, 4.52
Damien Harris, Alabama, 4.57
Dexter Williams, Notre Dame, 4.57
Myles Gaskin, Washington, 4.58
Qadree Ollison, Pittsburgh, 4.58
James Williams, Washington State, 4.58
Alex Barnes, Kansas State, 4.59
David Montgomery, Iowa State, 4.63
Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic, 4.66
Benny Snell, Kentucky, 4.66
Alexander Mattison, Boise State, 4.67
Nick Brossette, LSU, 4.72
Elijah Holyfield, Georgia, 4.78
Alec Ingold, Wisconsin, 4.89

yeah, he plods along out there with his 4.48 speed.

edit - Dalvin Cook ran a 4.49 for comparison. So other than assumptions based on skin color how exactly is McCaffery a good example? He isn’t a burner but is still one of the faster RB in the NFL

I don't see 4.5 as a burner. Good, but not a burner which is why I chose him as an example (based off McCaffrey's production and watching him in games you'd think he was 4.4 or 4.3 even). You are the one making assumptions based on skin color.

Last edited:

I’m super excited about this kid. Two things he will have to demonstrate before he gets playing time: Pass protection blocking, and ball security. I hope he’s a quick learner!

Top Bottom