Ky Thomas enters the transfer portal again

As an IT (now College of Science and Engineering) grad who has several friends that are lawyers, I will agree with that statement. 🙂 Doesn't mean they aren't smart though just because they had easier classes.
Accounting students are the smartest at the university. They told us.

But then there's the bar exam.
Bar exam is a pain but it's pure memorization. If you take the prep course and put in the work, you'll pass. The pass rate is around 70-80% in most states. Oddly enough, the repeater (people taking it for a second/third time) pass rate is way lower. I think the people who fail are people who have major test anxiety OR should never have been in law school in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I hold no ill will and based on how bad the injury appeared to be I totally get it. And if it is mental and he does get passed it I will gladly eat my words! But this is big time college football not rec league he needs to produce or take a backseat to someone else who can.
I’m confident in our three young backs - that of those 4, one will be the Alpha and the guy who grabs the job and if we’re lucky it could be 2 of them

I’m confident in our three young backs - that of those 4, one will be the Alpha and the guy who grabs the job and if we’re lucky it could be 2 of them
RB will be very interesting to watch during the spring and fall camp to see who establishes themself as the main guy. Won't be shocking to see more of a committee approach in 2023.

He played solid and it didn't blow up the lockerroom is how I meant it.

I think we as fans overblow the impact on the lockerroom this stuff has.
I think players generally are very supportive of other players and their rights/desires to seek better situations for themselves, within reason.

"Hey, it could be me next year."

Bar exam is a pain but it's pure memorization. If you take the prep course and put in the work, you'll pass. The pass rate is around 70-80% in most states. Oddly enough, the repeater (people taking it for a second/third time) pass rate is way lower. I think the people who fail are people who have major test anxiety OR should never have been in law school in the first place.
My son will be taking it next July. 😬

Fleck really is distasteful towards guys who transfer out!

Wouldn't even say Dixon's name in the first presser after.
To Fleck's credit, I don't think there is anything to say about a transfer that leaves. You gain nothing. He could say something generic that "We thank Flip Dixon for his time here." but that would be just lip service.

To Fleck's credit, I don't think there is anything to say about a transfer that leaves. You gain nothing. He could say something generic that "We thank Flip Dixon for his time here." but that would be just lip service.
I think most coaches go the route of just not saying anything either way about guys that leave. That was partially why it was surprising when Leonhard made the comment about Thomas being dismissed from the team before he entered the portal.

It would be the right thing to do, in my opinion, when the player contributed significantly to the success of the season.

Ky Thomas chimes in:

Go Gophers!!
There are still a handful of coaches I'd run through a wall for, and I'm well past the running through wall stage of my life.

If Coach Burns had that kind of relationship with him, then what an awesome fit. I hope he goes there and kills it for Kent State.

Hopefully he finds whatever it is he is searching for at this stop.

The portal is sometimes good to college athletes but often leads to disappointment for most. I wish Ky nothing but the best. Unfortunately if he would’ve stayed at MN this past season and shared the rock with Mo, he would be heading into this offseason as the #1 back. I hope he finds what he is looking for, he is certainly a talented player.

The portal is sometimes good to college athletes but often leads to disappointment for most. I wish Ky nothing but the best. Unfortunately if he would’ve stayed at MN this past season and shared the rock with Mo, he would be heading into this offseason as the #1 back. I hope he finds what he is looking for, he is certainly a talented player.
Is that true?

I think what you say would have been true, and Ky probably would've saw it that way too ... if Potts decided to medically retire. But he announced he was coming back, and there was no indication at the time that he wouldn't return to form and be the #2.

I'm assuming if that were true then he wouldn't transfer to an FBS.

So perhaps he graduated, or will this spring, from KU with a bachelor's.
Unlikely. He started college in Jan of 2020. So if he's been in school 100% of the time, it's been 2 years of studies.

Unlikely. He started college in Jan of 2020. So if he's been in school 100% of the time, it's been 2 years of studies.
Spring 2020
Summer 2020
Fall 2020
Spring 2021
Summer 2021
Fall 2021
Spring 2022
Summer 2022
Fall 2022

120 credits / 9 = 13+ credits per semester.

Not impossible, but you're right that he probably hasn't yet. If you throw in Spring 2023, slightly more possible.

Top Bottom