Ky Thomas. Anyone know why he left?

At the time he was down on the depth chart behind Mo and Bucky Irving. Unfortunately Bucky left to chase the money and Ky would have been good for depth. Fortunately, Mo stayed pretty healthy his last year here.

Ky also had some contact by another team prior to transferring that was, let's say, greasing the wheels. They were prohibited from taking him based on tampering. He left anyway and the rest is history.

Ky also had some contact by another team prior to transferring that was, let's say, greasing the wheels. They were prohibited from taking him based on tampering. He left anyway and the rest is history.
I remember that, fans from that team online were PISSED. They had this idea that PJ had some grudge against them or something.

Because he / Minnesota really spends their time plotting against some Kansas team ... for some reason.

Went down a rabbit hole.

Ky Thomas: No significant stats at KU, now at Kent St, projected to be #2 or RB by committee

The 3 other MN guys that went to KU with/right after him.

Doug Emilien: 82 yards on his transfer career, still at KU

Austin Barber: 5th round draft pick to the Bears this year

Gage keys: 21 tackles/ 4 hurries at KU. Now at Auburn and projected to start. Also on that team our favorite double decomit Sam Jackson who is listed at WR AND trill carter!

Small world, but also makes you wonder what could’ve been had they stayed.

Kansas St I believe. So he went to Kansas instead. Makes me think getting back closer to home was the top priority for him at that time.

Went down a rabbit hole.

Ky Thomas: No significant stats at KU, now at Kent St, projected to be #2 or RB by committee

The 3 other MN guys that went to KU with/right after him.

Doug Emilien: 82 yards on his transfer career, still at KU

Austin Barber: 5th round draft pick to the Bears this year

Gage keys: 21 tackles/ 4 hurries at KU. Now at Auburn and projected to start. Also on that team our favorite double decomit Sam Jackson who is listed at WR AND trill carter!

Small world, but also makes you wonder what could’ve been had they stayed.
Other than Booker no one else really moves the needle for me. Thomas was a nice depth piece, but wasn't an above average B1G rb.

I remember looking at his high school highlight reel and thinking he was going to be next big thing.....shows what I know.
From high school to P5, the concentration of talent just renders so much of that film irrelevant.

And then you get guys who weren’t even stars in high school rise up out of nowhere.

I remember looking at his high school highlight reel and thinking he was going to be next big thing.....shows what I know.
Lot of people make the mistake of getting overly excited by high school highlights. Reality is that basically any player able to get a D1 scholarship to a power 4 school is going to be one of, if not the best players on the field in every high school game.

Top Bottom