Kudos to the Student Section

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the student section stayed until the end - very cool to see. They were also incredibly loud during the game.

Good job students!!!!

thanks! It was a great game to be at, heres to carrying this energy on until the end of the year!

I LOVED the Ski-U-Mah Banner. That thing was frickin' huge.

Banner was cool. Gopher song was fun. It'd be cool if they got prominent people around town to do the dance each week. Also liked the "I say.....you say" song they did.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the student section stayed until the end - very cool to see. They were also incredibly loud during the game.

Good job students!!!!

+1

+1.

The students were loud today.

Although some down in the lower seats tried to get 212 up and yelling on a few third downs...it was not happening today.

I surely hope that it was just the large number of first time "visitors" today...or just that we were playing the Wildcats...but 212 was not anywhere near its average volume today.

Mrs. Billd of course was vocal. I tried to moderate a little recognizing the vocal juice could not be squeezed out of the rock around us today.

Anyway, a great win on a beautiful day in our wonderful stadium. Very nice.

Go Gophers! In Kill I Trust!

what is this banner you guys are speaking of. guess i was in the concourse and missed it. was it something they passed from the bottom sections of the student area up to the top sections?

anyone have pictures and/or video?

I saw something like that big banner in another game, maybe Ohio St.?

That banner was massive. I was in the last row of the student section (row 31) and we were holding the end of it and when they passed it up to us it took forever because of the size. I had no idea what it had on the front but the students beneath had a good time jumping up and making it do the wave and whatnot. I like the idea of doing this each game prior to kickoff.

They (the students) done good! Keep it up!! You did and can make a big difference!!!

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

Did the entire U and the state proud today, students. I didn't get to see the game nor experience the awesomeness I keep hearing about, but I heard the atmosphere was pretty balling. Keep 'er up, kids!!

That said, does anyone have a video of the Gophers entrance video?

LOVE IT! we need to make it a tradition that it makes a few appearances at each and every game. no matter what.

It'd be great if we could get the entire stadium to chant Ski-U-Mah when it makes an appearance! It could really take off.

And to answer my question (I actually did some leg work.. lol):

Here's apparently the entrance video:

And to answer my question (I actually did some leg work.. lol):

Here's apparently the entrance video:

Imagine if the team were to run out during the scream. That would be pretty much perfect. Go from Q's roar to the roar of the stadium

Hopefully some of those in today's student section will buy season tickets this week and be in the stands next Saturday and beyond.

Hopefully some of those in today's student section will buy season tickets this week and be in the stands next Saturday and beyond.

hope so too. if you are a student and were at the game today, you would have to be pretty lame to not want to buy a student season ticket afterwards. it was a perfect day. if i was in their position, in the student section having a great time with friends is where i would want to be around NOON every saturday home game.

The only thing missed was "Sweet Caroline" otherwise PERFECT!!!

It was awesome to see a near full student section, it had been too long. Kudos to those who went for being rowdy, hopefully they come back. On a side note I hope the U brings back "Tonto Jump On It" and we will be all set.

As an old timer and many years a ticket holder, I have to say that I wish I was back at the U again to have the fun that the students had at the game. WOW!
And how about the Band. They are strudents also. That new formation out lining the map of MN with the North Star. Keep that up as it is as great as the moving block "M"

This is not a complaint but where was the "Sweet Caroline" from the band. The whole stadium went crazy with that one. Even this old geezer.

The only thing missed was "Sweet Caroline" otherwise PERFECT!!!

Seems to have been replaced with the "Gopher Dance" and "Let Me Clear My Throat" song?, at least this week it was. Didn't they usually do it between the 3rd and 4th quarter?

Top Bottom