KSTP Video: Fleck: 'We can get through this and be better because of it'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KSTP:

The coronavirus outbreak has changed everyday life around the world, but Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck is doing his best to keep a positive outlook.

"This is about how we all can make this work - how we can all work together to be able to beat this virus," Fleck told KSTP Sports Director Joe Schmit on Thursday. "That's what 'Row the Boat' is all about. If we all listen to the guidelines that are in place and we all row the same way - the same efficiency - the same speed - same direction - we can help. We can get through this and be better because of it."

Coach Fleck is keeping tabs on his players from a far as they have all gone back to their homes across the country. The Gophers were in the middle of their spring practices when the coronavirus pandemic hit.

"They understand how serious this is. They also understand how it affects them. We have a very mature football team who has been through a lot that can handle certain things that are brought their way like this."

Go Gophers!!

Football player at Minnesota, football fan of Minnesota, or human being just hanging out, be safe and be careful. Covid-19 is serious, take precautions. We're in this together, ski-u-mah and row the boat.

They always say Games are won in the off season. Hoping the players are getting in shape.

Fleck would be a successful politician.

So far as I know, no human to animal transmission.

Thank God I'm a Gopher!

Badger fans can go back to their favorite hobby.

On the serious note, great words from Fleck. There are going to be troubling times ahead and possibly a long reset, but understanding that we're all in this together and no one is immune to the issues being faced, we can come back with a greater appreciation for each other and our common mission.

Fleck would be a successful politician.

Call me crazy, but I can see him running for office some day. His desire to change cultures and move mountains could translate to politics. He's still such a young guy and the coaching thing might become boring to him at some point. Much stranger things have happened.

Call me crazy, but I can see him running for office some day. His desire to change cultures and move mountains could translate to politics. He's still such a young guy and the coaching thing might become boring to him at some point. Much stranger things have happened.

Coaching is so much more hands on leadership.

Politics is is much less hands on.

But maybe....

Coaching is so much more hands on leadership.

Politics is is much less hands on.

But maybe....
That is very true, and he might hate it because of that. I'm just wondering if he might look for a different kind of challenge after, say, 25 years as a HC. He would still be a relatively young guy and I can't see Fleck wanting to just retire or do TV commentary stuff (assuming he's healthy, etc.). Would be interesting. Is it possible to archive a thread for 25 years? :)

I love his enthusiasm and positive energy. Let's hope the few who are not getting the basic message that we are all in this together figure it out .

How many real honest well-intentioned citizens want to join the cesspool that our congress has become. I don't think PJ Fleck will.

This national crisis has reminded our leaders that there is one America. Not the divisiveness and chicanery to push a head a specific agenda for a segment of society. Never mind the rest of the populous.

E pluribus unum! Keep America strong! United we stand, divided we fall! Let's fight this pandemic together!

How many real honest well-intentioned citizens want to join the cesspool that our congress has become. I don't think PJ Fleck will.

This national crisis has reminded our leaders that there is one America. Not the divisiveness and chicanery to push a head a specific agenda for a segment of society. Never mind the rest of the populous.

E pluribus unum! Keep America strong! United we stand, divided we fall! Let's fight this pandemic together!
He got into college coaching ...

Top Bottom