KSTP: Chatting w/ P.J. Fleck's agent Bryan Harlan

Of course not. Will Fleck get everything he needs/wants? That will be the question, going forward.

100% agree. From what the administration has said and done so far I think the answer is yes.

I said contender did I say win? When we beat Wisconsin and Ohio State we are 12-1 with a loss to a top 20 Iowa. We would beat a 4, 12, and 1. We are still in contention.

Contender:
noun
  1. a person or group competing with others to achieve something.
Not a useful definition. What’s compete? Anyone can compete.

Of course not. Will Fleck get everything he needs/wants? That will be the question, going forward.
What more does he need? Great facilities, and he makes as much money here as he can expect to make, which is more than enough to live like a king, with our relatively low cost of living.

What more does he need? Great facilities, and he makes as much money here as he can expect to make, which is more than enough to live like a king, with our relatively low cost of living.

I don’t know. Ask his agent. He’s the one who brought it up twice in a 3 minute interview.

"Facilities" means continually upgrading facilities, which is pretty much universal in any industry. The Gophers standing pat with the Taj MaHoltz for that many years is what can't happen again.

Not a useful definition. What’s compete? Anyone can compete.
If you don’t think we are still a contender to make the CFP or possibly win it that’s your opinion. We are very much still in contention to make the CFP if we win out and that’s my opinion. I get it, most of you would rather play in the rose bowl because it’s nostalgic.

If you don’t think we are still a contender to make the CFP or possibly win it that’s your opinion. We are very much still in contention to make the CFP if we win out and that’s my opinion. I get it, most of you would rather play in the rose bowl because it’s nostalgic.
I said national title contender. Changing that to just making the CFP is a backpeddle.

That said, we aren’t realistic contenders to even make the CFP unless we not only compete with, but defeat Ohio St. I’m not sold on that yet.

I said national title contender. Changing that to just making the CFP is a backpeddle.

That said, we aren’t realistic contenders to even make the CFP unless we not only compete with, but defeat Ohio St. I’m not sold on that yet.
Making the top 4 is competing to be a national champion. I agree, us beating Ohio state is a longshot and it’s possible. Our odds aren’t the best but we aren’t mathematically eliminated yet. We disagree on what making the CFP means vs playing in the national title game. I’m not trying to have a piss war. Go Gophers and annihilate the skunks.

Absolutely possible, definitely not eliminated. Anything is possible this year.

Probably a better worded and more true point would be for me to say “we won’t be a consistent national title contender until he can recruit ...”

Top Bottom