KRFO: Did you ever get blown out of the Metrodome? (video)

While I don't miss the Metrodome, I had a lot of great times there growing up. Lots of Twins games, it's where I first watched Gopher football, and some of the other non-sporting events like Rollerdome. I'll always miss getting blown out the doors as I left and dollar Dome Dog night when I was in college.

While I don't miss the Metrodome, I had a lot of great times there growing up. Lots of Twins games, it's where I first watched Gopher football, and some of the other non-sporting events like Rollerdome. I'll always miss getting blown out the doors as I left and dollar Dome Dog night when I was in college.
Same feeling here. Some good memories but man, that place was a dump.

Same feeling here. Some good memories but man, that place was a dump.

The House Mike Lynn Built. It came on the heels of Seattle Kingdom and other soulless non-domed cookie cutter stadiums. Unlike the cookie-cutter venues, the Metrodome had quirks in its baseball configuration, but it was (and I say this as a Scandihoovian) "Luxury envisioned by the Sons of Norway."

I've been around the Legislature for years and the stadium debate of the late-1970s was wild. Amy Klobuchar wrote a pretty solid book about it--Uncovering the Dome--that you really have to scour the used book universe to track down. I always laughed when right after the Metrodome was completed, Lynn and others crowed "We came in under budget!" Walking through the place, it didn't take long for one to realize "No sh*t!."

Top Bottom