Kramer= Defensive Stud...and all around good player.

I think Purdue's big 3 are all excellent college players, but I'm not sure any of them are first round talent. JJ must be 200 lbs, can Moore play pg in the nba, what position does Hummel guard? Hummel can be a Najara type bench player I guess.

I think you are crazy. Assuming his knee heals, Hummel will be an excellent NBA player. He does it all. He can shoot, rebound, defend, run, jump. He goes 6-foot-8 and is a five-tool player all the way.

Kramer vs Iverson

I saw two things in this matchup during the game. First off, Kramer took advantage of the fact that Iverson is just s sophomore and isn't that skilled yet at establishing post position. Kramer did a good job of establishing it for him, making sure he didn't get set up too close to the basket. Iverson will learn this as time goes by.

Secondly, the big problem I had with Kramer was the constant shoving of Iverson; by that I mean, whenever Iverson left his feet at all to catch the entry pass to the post, he magically somehow landed 3-4 feet further away from the basket than when he went up. That was just obscene and it happened repeatedly. That was the only thing that really frustrated me a lot.

Bottom line, in an extreme size discrepancy like this, the officials ALWAYS give the smaller guy a TON of liberties and Kramer knew this, Painter knew this, Iverson should have figured it out too. Somebody pointed out the Madsen-Shaq analogy and that was spot on.

The flop was what it was; both players were partly at fault, but obviously a ridiculous flop by Kramer. Should have been a no-call, play on, but again, the smaller player will get a lot of those calls in that situation.

I remember one play where Kramer just slapped Iverson's hand 3 times near the basket before the call was finally made. He gets away with way too much. I like how everyone in the arena could see he flopped but the refs didn't. I can maybe see the call @ Purdue if the fans all reacted and then the call was made, but that was pretty horrendous.

IF Moore is even 6'3" thats borderline to small for shooting guard unless you have some crazy scoring ability (Ben Gordon). There have been some combo guards in the league lately who are under 6'5" but they are more the exception than the rule. Most NBA teams like their shooting guards 6'5" or taller. So anyone smaller than that can become valuable if they play the point. Hummel again, what position can he guard? I think he will be a valuable role player (Najara). He has one NBA skill outside shooting. But at 6'8" 230 he is an underisized power forward and two slow to guard any small forwards. Great colleg playet though.

Top Bottom