Koi Perich is the man

The best was, in the stands when the UCLA QB heaved the hail mary and everyone saw (especially the parents we were sitting with) that it was headed Koi's everyone got ready to cheer cause we all knew he would get it! A very cool moment!

He’s always there. Always makes the play. AWJr-esque. Kid is absolutely ready to go. Stud. Star. Ready for the NFL. TRUE FRESHMAN.
I agree he is fun to watch! Most exciting Gopher in some time and a true freshman.
But, not sure about the "Ready for the NFL" blurb. He is tiny out there...going great, awesome but lets just enjoy the present for a couple years.

Great player and great in the interview room. When did PJ start allowing freshmen to talk to the media? 2017 Gophers had freshmen starting QB and he was not allowed to talk.

He'a the real deal. After his first INT, I believe I heard the announcers say that the way he closed on the ball reminded them of Travis Hunter.

I keep seeing people saying he has a long ways to go to be the next AWjr, well he sure seems at the very least on par to what AWjr was as a true freshman.

I keep seeing people saying he has a long ways to go to be the next AWjr, well he sure seems at the very least on par to what AWjr was as a true freshman.
AWjr seemed to play every position on the field well. Koi needs some sacks to get into AW territory. I see him more as a young Harrison Smith. AWjr is not in the conversation yet.

I think he is on par with AWjr at this age.

It is natural for Gopher fans to inflate expectations for MN recruits and of course it was a big deal when Perich committed to MN and later kept that commitment when Ohio State pushed hard for him. In the back of my mind I was thinking he would probably struggle to meet the huge expectations.

Instead he has exceeded them. Amazing.

AWjr seemed to play every position on the field well. Koi needs some sacks to get into AW territory. I see him more as a young Harrison Smith. AWjr is not in the conversation yet.
AWjr only had four sacks with the gophers, three of which were during his senior year. Also 7 of his 9 ints were during his senior year.

AWjr only had four sacks with the gophers, three of which were during his senior year. Also 7 of his 9 ints were during his senior year.
Thats interesting. If Koi ends up being better my head will explode and the Viking better take him if he is there at their pick.

I'd like to see Koi taken off of kickoff and punt returns. Hate to have him seriously injured on a special teams play.

Perich is really good, but I agree with your point here. Maybe as he becomes more experienced, he will be moved around a bit and allowed to do (or try to do) some of the things Winfield did. But there's no question that Perich's future looks really bright. He's got the goods.

I agree he is fun to watch! Most exciting Gopher in some time and a true freshman.
But, not sure about the "Ready for the NFL" blurb. He is tiny out there...going great, awesome but lets just enjoy the present for a couple years.
Three sport kid in high school so he hasn’t had much time to hit the weight room. He’ll gain a good 10-15 pounds of muscle and probably get a little faster at the same time over the next year or two.

Our school, Pequot Lakes, and Esko have been intense rivals the last few years in FB and BB. The winner usually goes to state in our section. Koi had the upper hand in FB, and we clipped em in hoops. He was our nemesis with plenty of swagger. It’s quite a change to cheer for him now. He’s good and quite a character.

Top Bottom