"Koi Perich is a Star in the Making"

I saw Peppers play at TCF vs the Gophers. He was an amazing player, if Perich is that good we are in good shape for a couple of years. The Michigan coaches had Peppers on offense that game and direct snapped the ball to him, and he ran it in for a TD. Maybe that would be another chance for Perich to show his talent if he has the skill and I think he does. You know the coaches are thinking about this too.

I would say his skillset looks more like Cooper DeJean from Iowa than Peppers. Same type of feet, similar athleticism. Dejean was a CB at Iowa, but I think would also have been a great safety. We all know how good of a return man he was, even if he didn't know the rules.

Peppers was used more as a nickel/safety/linebacker hybrid, which I don't see Koi filling that type of role. I think he is more full time safety with return duties added in.

That said, your point is right. Iowa absolutely should have used DeJean on offense on occasion (especially with how pathetic they were on offense). I could see Perich evolving into a DeJean role as a dynamic, play-making DB/PR. And, let's hope he has the impact DeJean had.

Your first statement is dead on. Your second is an absurd reason not to play someone.
Oh, I'm not saying don't play him because of that, just saying the result of playing more will probably result in more NIL offers. I stand by first statement, which is play the players that give you the best chance to win. The players and coaches know who they are.

Last edited:

Oh, I'm not saying don't play him because if that, just saying the result of playing more will probably result in more NIL offers. I stand by first statement, which is play the players that give you the best chance to win. The players and coaches know who they are.
Ok, gotcha. agreed

Top Bottom