"Koi Perich is a Star in the Making"

Little pre-mature. Slow down. Give him a chance to develop without the hype.

Little pre-mature. Slow down. Give him a chance to develop without the hype.
I don't disagree with your sentiment but he was also the HS All American game MVP. Kid should continue to be put on the field in more significant situations to help accelerate his development.

I don't disagree with your sentiment but he was also the HS All American game MVP. Kid should continue to be put on the field in more significant situations to help accelerate his development.
And I'm guessing he will once he knows all the assignments and won't hurt the defense. Punt return is easiest way to get started then spot plays on defense.

Who was that Michigan guy several years back who seemed to play about half the positions on the field (defense, offense, and special teams)? Even if not as effective as that player, do we think in the long run Koi could be used similarly? A guy who can impact all three phases?

As much as I hate Michigan, I remember being impressed every time the TV folks would put up the graphic listing all the positions he played during the season.

Who was that Michigan guy several years back who seemed to play about half the positions on the field (defense, offense, and special teams)? Even if not as effective as that player, do we think in the long run Koi could be used similarly? A guy who can impact all three phases?

As much as I hate Michigan, I remember being impressed every time the TV folks would put up the graphic listing all the positions he played during the season.
Jabrill Peppers
Played 15 different positions in 2016, including 726 snaps on defense, 53 on offense, and 154 on special teams. He won the Paul Hornung Award for being the most versatile college football player in the country

Who is the best judge as to when Koi Perich should play, and how much he should play (multiple choice question):

A) The Gopher football coaching staff

B) An anonymous poster on Gopher Hole

C) Murray, not "anonymous"

It’s been indefensible since the first time they did it three years ago.
Agree, but up until last week there wasn’t an obvious candidate who was better (a very sorry state of affairs).

Perich is similar to DT last year. Many of us wanted DT to be the starter right away. Now many of us wanted Perich to start right away. If they have the talent play them! What are they waiting for?

In all seriousness, does Koi or Redding have more career punt return yards? Regardless, putting Redding back there instead of Perich is indefensible going forward.

The best punt returner I’ve ever seen for the gophers was AWJr. But he was too valuable to risk injury. Maybe Koi is the same way.

Who is the best judge as to when Koi Perich should play, and how much he should play (multiple choice question):

A) The Gopher football coaching staff

B) An anonymous poster on Gopher Hole
C)It's a message board. It is perfectly acceptable for people to post their opinions.

The best punt returner I’ve ever seen for the gophers was AWJr. But he was too valuable to risk injury. Maybe Koi is the same way.
Don’t forget Rick Upchurch! AWJr. could have been similar if they decided to have him do punt returns.

Don’t forget Rick Upchurch! AWJr. could have been similar if they decided to have him do punt returns.

Rick Upchurch retired from the NFL 3 years before I was born. So I never saw him play.

As I recall Upchurch was very versatile. He played WR, occasionally RB and of couse punt and kickoff returner. Great speed and shiftiness. Was really great in the NFL as well.

Top Bottom