Koi Perich Commits to Gophers!!!!!!!!!

Which is on National TV more the Gophers or Ohio State? That was my point. Which team is fighting for National Championship more? Why besides being close to family would Perich choose Gophers? Why doesn’t he have a single Gopher logo or say committed to Gophers on his Twitter page. Personally that’s a red flag. Even if he did, we all know that doesn’t mean anything
If it doesn't mean anything quit worrying about it.

Seriously, where’s your common sense. My point had to do with Flecks conservative offense that will never win a season changing game. Therefore, this team is not desirable cause it turns off current fans and students who don’t sell out an already small stadium. Kids are not stupid and if you see 100k fans in Ohio St or Michigan why would you want to play for the U on a bottom dweller.

Local kids choose to play for their hometown teams over helmet schools sometimes. Happens all over the country. Hell.....as someone else has already said.....the Gophers pulled Darius Taylor out of Michigan despite a Wolverines offer.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

I think the kid is really looking forward to playing in front of his home state who’s favorite squad has several D backs in the NFL! He’ll take advantage of a couple all expense paid trips to learn our football facilities and athletes village are as good as any in the country

On3.com has Wisconsin as his favorite in their predictor. Followed by Iowa and then Minnesota. Also listing Michigan and Nebraska in the top 5.

Once again, his father stated he’s all in on Minnesota. PJ has to be on the phone with him steady

He is going to visit OSU and Florida State.

Seriously, where’s your common sense. My point had to do with Flecks conservative offense that will never win a season changing game. Therefore, this team is not desirable cause it turns off current fans and students who don’t sell out an already small stadium. Kids are not stupid and if you see 100k fans in Ohio St or Michigan why would you want to play for the U on a bottom dweller.
So Penn State 2019 wasn't a season changing game?

I feel like there should be a way to block threads you don't want to see bumped to the top!

Me at the moment:
nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.gif

tbbt-the-big-bang-theory.gif

If we want Gopher football to be good now we are all going to need to step up and find some big deals for them! time for the fans to actually support the program!
You mean the fans who already get season tickets, buy concessions, purchase merch, etc..?

BS. Even if you paid some of the good players the Gophers have now, they still can’t beat Nothwestern or Illinois. NCAA needs to figure it out, otherwise teams like Minnesota are going to be bottom feeders. At the same time the University is going to make a crapload of money so they could care less if the team is in last place. Just like hockey when they left WCHA. The U doesn’t care if stadium is empty as long as the TV money keeps coming in from Big10
My lord you are bad at this. The U wanted nothing to do with the Big Ten Hockey Conference. The other 5 wanted it so the U didn't matter. Don't let the truth get in the way of your trolling though...

What was your old name around here?

What was your old name around here?
I think that's the problem with the permanent bans this site issues (well, except for MplsGopher, he/she somehow only gets temporary bans). If you ban someone permanently, they just immediately create a new account and come on here and start being annoying, knowing they can just keep doing the same. If you ban someone for like a week, they might actually just pause and come back more respectful of the board.

Sorry for the rant lol. Just that some of these names seem to be "burner" names polluting the board.

Would it be wrong for a father, with a 4 or 5 star athlete son, leverage his son's final commitment, between schools, to get the best financial package possible?

If we want Gopher football to be good now we are all going to need to step up and find some big deals for them! time for the fans to actually support the program!
Or the fans can say f*ck that, and stop supporting the messed up system that NIL is creating. I know we're all different, but I am losing interest rapidly with D1 college sports. I will never pay a dime into that system, but that's just me.

Koi plays defense, so not sure how much the offense scheme impacts him.
I think the general sentiment though is still being on a team that plays like this. Look at last year's #1, I'd bet Jaxon Howard is rather pleased to be at LSU right now. Even though he plays defense, he's on a team that has a modern offense and can score points and come from behind, etc.

Or don't you think the Jets D wishes they were out there busting their butts for a competent offense?

Would it be wrong for a father, with a 4 or 5 star athlete son, leverage his son's final commitment, between schools, to get the best financial package possible?
If you have a 4 or 5 star athlete son, please send him to the U.

You seem like your sort of an egg before the chicken kind of guy. How do you expect Fleck to have a team that can win a season changing game without better players? The better players have to come first and this is one Fleck needs to get. Without better players like this I wouldn’t expect much to change.

That’s literally not how NIL works.

What you’re describing is pay-for-play, when a school is involved it constitutes lack of institutional control. Schools that “bid” on players are cheating, and cheating big. Also, the evidence is overwhelming that these schools (who have demonstrated a willingness to cheat their asses off), not surprisingly, are not coming through with the money they promise. They are willing to say anything the athlete wants to hear to gain a commitment. They then threaten the athlete that they can’t do anything about not getting the deal they were promised because the “deal” was technically against the rules.

So going around shopping for the best “NIL deal” (which, by definition involves an NCAA violation) sort of just invites a bigger and bigger screw-job.

Or the fans can say f*ck that, and stop supporting the messed up system that NIL is creating. I know we're all different, but I am losing interest rapidly with D1 college sports. I will never pay a dime into that system, but that's just me.
Pay for play has always existed. To deny it is naive.

Top Bottom