Koi Perich All American bowl

I stand corrected - did not see him at first reach in and grab in while on the turf
My bad! Did not originally see him reach and grab the ball while on the turf.

Next Gopher defensive legend. We got a gamer
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but with the athleticism he displayed and supposedly a great deal of versatility in his game, it does give fans something to be excited about. Jabril Peppers is a comparison that comes to mind!

Or a faster more athletic Harrison Smith.
Smith's NFL combine 40 time (4.57) compares pretty similarly to Perich's current speed. But Perich has time to get faster. Harrison Smith is/was pretty athletic. Don't let his last couple years fool you.

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t start right away.

You know the famous GIF of WWE legend The Undertaker sitting upright from a flat-on-his-back position? Picture that and you pretty much get the idea for Koi Perich’s week. A tough couple of early-week practices turned into periodic flashes in following sessions as he got better as the week progressed. Perich punctuated his week-long comeback tour with an electric performance in Saturday’s game as he won MVP honors thanks to a diving interception at the goal line to steal a potential deep-ball TD, followed by a punt block he also recovered to set up a short-yardage TD for the West offense. That special teams value could get Perich on the field early and often in college. 247Sports Director of Scouting Andrew Ivins has been very high on Perich for months, so the Minnesota-bound safety’s progression throughout the week lived up to expectations.

Top Bottom